Sorry Obama, but our eyes are open
According to current trends, Obama will be headed home next January.
Like the old joke about puppies that go from being Democrats to Republicans, the left is beginning to realize what the rest of the country has known for some time - that Obama is in serious jeopardy.
The difference now is that it's not a joke where Obama is concerned.
In his ham-fisted bid to get reelected, Obama has made a series of strategic blunders that have cost him a second-term that seemed all but certain several months ago when Republicans were busy tearing each other down in their bid to gain the party's nomination.
Now that Republicans have unified behind Romney, his polls are rising while the public has shifted their scrutiny to Obama. And they don't like what they're seeing.
According to the latest New York Times/CBS poll, Romney is not just leading among registered voters, he is also leading in three key demographics - women, moderates, and independents are defecting wholesale into his camp.
A unique feature of the current poll is that it surveyed the same people who were polled in August, revealing a shift in support to Romney. Obama lost 5 points with all three groups.
Much of the problem stems from a series of strategic setbacks for Obama. Last month, Obama was caught promising the Russians that he would be willing to concede on a matter of national security - after the November election. Then, several Secret Service personnel were caught consorting with prostitutes. Finally, Obama's outing as being opposed to marriage seems to be backfiring.
Last week, President Obama made a bombshell announcement, that he supported marriage between same sex couples. However, the announcement has galvanized opposition against him and even his own base is skeptical that his intentions are sincere.
Finally, Obama is harshly criticizing private equity investors and their firms, while soliciting donations from the same.
All this makes Obama appear desperate. Even former President Bill Clinton was quoted as declaring Obama an amateur.
While the general election is yet to heat up, it is clearly not going to be a landslide win for Obama. And with his base crumbling and Romney gaining steam, it is becoming increasingly likely that Obama will be packing for a move to Chicago, about four years earlier than expected.
You can bet their eyes are open now.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Obama, polls, losing, Romney
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Documents reveal US drone policy is scandalously indiscriminate
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Hillary better be prepared, House Oversight and Government Reform chairman Darrell Issa says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?