Strategist Karl Rove says that Obama is winning
Rove cites economic recovery as working in the current president's favor
While Mitt Romney has won the Republican nomination for the U.S. 2012 presidential election, according to GOP strategist Karl Rove, Romney has his work cut out for him. According to Rove, if the election were held today, Obama could destroy Romney by as many as 100 votes.
Mitt Romney has at least one home court advantage in all of those states, as all of them have Republican Governors. Unfortunately for Romney, Obama also has a home court advantages in those states, as all of them have organized labor as a strong presence.
Romney has at least one home court advantage in all of those states, as all of them have Republican Governors. Unfortunately for Romney, Obama also has a home court advantages in those states, as all of them have organized labor as a strong presence.
Romney's advantage is also hindered by a serious problem. All of the Republican Governors in those states, which include John Kasich, Rick Snyder and Tom Corbett have low approval ratings. Romney won't necessarily be able to rely on endorsements to make his case where the Governors are concerned.
Romney does have a second home court advantage in Ohio and Pennsylvania, in spite of their unpopular Republican Governors - each have popular Republican Senators. And it just so happens that one of those Senators has been often floated as on the short list for Romney's Vice Presidential pick - Ohio Senator Rob Portman.
Business Insider's Joe Wiesenthal has an interesting comment on the west's economic recovery, which shows that the U.S. is far ahead of its European brethren. "You frequently hear people debate the Obama recovery against the Reagan recovery, but it's pretty dicey," Wiesenthal writes.
"The times were totally different (and the recessions were very different) so you're left with just a lot of speculation and counterfactuals and so forth.
"The first thing to note is that the U.S. has recovered WAY better than either the Eurozone or the U.K. So if you think Obama has been a disaster, you might first acknowledge that the US has performed better than all its major Western peers."
Wiesenthal also notes the sudden halt of economic growth in the U.K. "The UK was recovering on a fine trajectory right up until early 2010, at which point UK growth hit a brick wall.
"What happened in 2010? That's when conservative David Cameron came to power with an agenda of reigning in the debt. Sound familiar?
"Basically we have a life test of a country that wants to do what conservatives in the US want to do: reduce national debt . Doing so is a growth disaster," Wiesenthal says.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: President Obama, Mitt Romney, election year, maop, staistics, economic recovery
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Documents reveal US drone policy is scandalously indiscriminate
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Hillary better be prepared, House Oversight and Government Reform chairman Darrell Issa says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?