Pro-life Candidates to Target 2012 Campaign for Graphic Ads strategy concerning abortion
25 major media markets targeted for a major pro-life messaging strategy
Based on the response and effectiveness of the ads from Missy Smith's campaign for House Delegate from the District of Columbia, a search is now underway for 25 candidates who will take the same message and media strategy into the top 25 media markets in America.
While Eleanor Holmes Norton was re-elected, Smith's ads were allowed to run and we seem by scores of people in and beyond the District of Columbia. The ads were run more than 235 times with repeats given during media coverage of the campaign.
Smith's Campaign Manager, Randall Terry, indicated this past Friday that, based on the results of the Washington campaign strategy, they are planning to enlist 25 new candidates to run in the 25 largest media markets in America for the 2012 elections.
"The TV ads made a major impact both inside and outside of Washington," Terry stated. "In 2012, we want to do the same thing at a much greater scale."
"By running campaign ads in the top 25 media markets, we can reach 1/3 of the nation with a message about the truth and horror of abortion."
When a candidate is lawfully on the ballot, rules concerning the content of political ads allow for ads, such as the ones from Missy Smith's campaign [http://www.missysmith2010.com/] in the District of Columbia, which graphically described the murder of unborn children.
Terry stated that a steady stream of financial support for Smith's campaign and TV ad purchases flowed in from many outside of Washington, DC right up to the election.
Smith's campaign also received a lot of coverage from media locally, nationally and even some internationally. Her campaign was mentioned on at least 105,000 blog posts by the time of the election.
Randall Terry, who founded Operation Rescue in 1986, stated that he is also seriously considering a campaign for the Presidency in 2012 in order to move the debate and media distribution for ads concerning the truth of abortion to the national level.
"I am under no delusion that I canwin," Terry stated. "But we know that debate concerning the truth of abortion could brought into the political spotlight just by carefully placing one ad on national TV before Super Tuesday."
Recruiting for the 25 candidates will begin soon.
Randy Sly is the Associate Editor of Catholic Online and the CEO/Associate Publisher for the Northern Virginia Local Edition of Catholic Online (http://virginia.catholic.org). He is a former Archbishop of the Charismatic Episcopal Church who laid aside that ministry to enter into the full communion of the Catholic Church.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: pro-life, prolife, abortion, randall terry, catholic, citizenship, advocacy
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- News to ruin your morning: IRS official who targeted conservatives for audit now oversees your Obamacare compliance
- Culture of Corruption, Obama pays Sarah Ingram extra for her harassment of conservatives
- Culture of Corruption: Why Obama's misuse of Marines is wrong
- Rubio: Obama's intimidation of tea party groups 'not in isolation'
- Editorial: Is the Scandal Ridden Obama Administration Becoming a House of Cards?
- Obama asks for more money, Marines to protect embassies
- President stands ground against Republican critics
- Eric Holder says he will investigate the IRS for Obama
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?