Randall Terry Arrested at Notre Dame
The first arrest has taken place in Notre Dame surrounding demonstrations against the presence of pro-abortion President Barack Obama. Randall Terry was arrested on Friday afternoon for trespassing.
Terry and other demonstrators walked on to the campus near the Notre Dame Law School just after noon. He was almost immediately arrested.
Members of the group were pushing baby carriages with plastic dolls covered with fake blood in protest of the upcoming commencement visit by President Barack Obama. They had visited the campus on Thursday, prior to the no-trespass order, in a similar fashion.
Terry posted bond of $250 on Friday afternoon at the St. Joseph County Jail and is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, May 8. A convert to the Catholic faith, he has been in South Bend, Indiana, protesting the president’s visit since late March.
Founder of Operation Rescue and major figure in pro-life activism since the eighties, Terry is not alone in his opposition to the president’s commencement involvement. Fifty Catholic bishops, Notre Dame students and alumni, along with over 350,000 signers of a petition have all expressed their objection to the actions of Notre Dame’s president.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Increasing numbers of young people opposing Obamacare
- Vatican, State Department defend embassy move
- Precedent set by Obama may lead to revolt against federal government, expert says
- Oops, we didn't think of that! Utah may pull NSA plug by cutting water supply to facility
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?