Randall Terry Arrested at Notre Dame
The first arrest has taken place in Notre Dame surrounding demonstrations against the presence of pro-abortion President Barack Obama. Randall Terry was arrested on Friday afternoon for trespassing.
Terry and other demonstrators walked on to the campus near the Notre Dame Law School just after noon. He was almost immediately arrested.
Members of the group were pushing baby carriages with plastic dolls covered with fake blood in protest of the upcoming commencement visit by President Barack Obama. They had visited the campus on Thursday, prior to the no-trespass order, in a similar fashion.
Terry posted bond of $250 on Friday afternoon at the St. Joseph County Jail and is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, May 8. A convert to the Catholic faith, he has been in South Bend, Indiana, protesting the presidentís visit since late March.
Founder of Operation Rescue and major figure in pro-life activism since the eighties, Terry is not alone in his opposition to the presidentís commencement involvement. Fifty Catholic bishops, Notre Dame students and alumni, along with over 350,000 signers of a petition have all expressed their objection to the actions of Notre Dameís president.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Huckabee: 'If this nation forgets our God, then God will have every right to forget us'
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?