Randall Terry Arrested at Notre Dame
The first arrest has taken place in Notre Dame surrounding demonstrations against the presence of pro-abortion President Barack Obama. Randall Terry was arrested on Friday afternoon for trespassing.
Terry and other demonstrators walked on to the campus near the Notre Dame Law School just after noon. He was almost immediately arrested.
Members of the group were pushing baby carriages with plastic dolls covered with fake blood in protest of the upcoming commencement visit by President Barack Obama. They had visited the campus on Thursday, prior to the no-trespass order, in a similar fashion.
Terry posted bond of $250 on Friday afternoon at the St. Joseph County Jail and is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, May 8. A convert to the Catholic faith, he has been in South Bend, Indiana, protesting the president’s visit since late March.
Founder of Operation Rescue and major figure in pro-life activism since the eighties, Terry is not alone in his opposition to the president’s commencement involvement. Fifty Catholic bishops, Notre Dame students and alumni, along with over 350,000 signers of a petition have all expressed their objection to the actions of Notre Dame’s president.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Documents reveal US drone policy is scandalously indiscriminate
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Hillary better be prepared, House Oversight and Government Reform chairman Darrell Issa says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?