Leaders: President Elect, Stand for Life, Liberty, and Family
'African Americans like many Americans are pro-life and uphold pro-creative marriage' said Alveda King.
'As we see the dawn of a new year and a great milestone being passed, people across the country should let our new president know that we want babies in the womb protected and traditional marriage respected.'
The leaders agreed that African Americans who are celebrating the upcoming inauguration of President-Elect Barack Obama should carry a pro-family/pro-community agenda to Washington, DC.
"African Americans, like many Americans are pro-life and uphold pro-creative marriage," said Alveda King, a spokesperson for the team. "As we see the dawn of a new year and a great milestone being passed, people across the country should let our new president know that we want babies in the womb protected and traditional marriage respected."
The accomplishment of an African American holding the nation's highest office will be of little value if the black community continues to be destroyed by the horrible plagues of society such as: abortion's harmful effects on our women and children, teen pregnancy, AIDS/HIV, childhood obesity, incarceration of our youth, poverty, attacks on fatherhood, marriages and the hosts of evil we face every day.
The genocide must end. We are one human race, and it's time to stand up for the truth. It's time to stand up for life, liberty, and family.
"We need to be a party with a purpose," added the group. "We need to let Barack Obama know that our children's lives are more important than the money and political support of the abortion lobby, and that of all of the other special interests groups that destroy our quality of life. This nation was founded upon life, liberty, and justice for all."
The group will release their "open letter" to Mr. Obama, members of Congress, state legislators and other officials on Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 10:00 A.M. at the Georgia State Capitol, room 125. The press is invited to attend.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?