Pro-Lifers Prepare for March for Life 2009
"We will ask him (President Obama)'Have you seen an abortion? Have you seen a child who has been subjected to abortion?"
In the final chapter of the presidency of George W. Bush - who was accustomed to speak to the March for Life rally via telephone to express his support - Gray discussed the effort to show the true face of abortion to a president who promised to abolish all legal abortion restrictions through the infamous Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA).
"We will ask him, "Have you seen an abortion? Have you seen a child who has been subjected to abortion?" said Gray, who would also want the new President to know "that on the day of his inauguration, an estimated 3,000 children will be killed and the body and mind of their mothers will be traumatized that day.
"He (Obama) must understand what a child looks like who suffers abortion," said Gray. "If he doesn't know what (such) a child looks like, then he has no credibility at all in saying that he approves of this. if he has, then he has no credibility at all of being the president of all of the people."
Gray and fellow grassroots pro-life organizers began the March for Life on January 22, 1974, to commemorate the anniversary of legalized abortion through Roe v. Wade. The march drew 20,000 ralliers in its very first year, and since then has been accustomed to hosting a 100,000-strong crowd each year. Last year, a staggering 225,000 pro-lifers joined the effort petitioning the Supreme Court to abolish legalized abortion.
Gray hopes to remind Obama and like-minded politicians of abortion's hidden slaughter of the helpless - an atrocity condemned by the U.S. at the Nuremburg trials of World War II, where Germans were tried and executed for perpetrating the Holocaust. "We still to this day point an accusing finger at the Holocaust and say that should never have happened, but it is happening in our own country," said Gray.
Asked what she would want Obama's first impression to be of the pro-life movement in America, Gray responded, "I definitely want him (Obama) to see that Americans ... are telling him that this is our country, and our country does not kill innocent human beings. And now we are at the point of killing 50 milion innocent human beings - that's genocide. the reason for the March for Life is to assure that in history no one will be able to say, 'Why didn't those people stand up and do something?'
"The reason we are standing up is: never will it be said that American people allowed this evil, this crime against humanity of killing innocent humans - that we ever allowed it - we stood up for our country."
Gray told LSN that this year's focus would be the equal right to life of both mother and child - precluding the widespread acceptance of abortion in case of a threat to the health of the mother. Pro-lifers must remember, said Gray, "that abortion is both about the baby and the mother, and that they have an equal right to life." Therefore, "The life principles mean equal care with no exception."
Several pro-life events have cropped up around the crowd-drawing power of the March, and this year is no exception. In addition to a convention and Rose Dinner hosted by the March for Life the day of the march, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops will again host the National Prayer Vigil for Life at the National Basilica the night before, which has proved immensely popular in the past.
- - -
LifeSiteNews.com is a non-profit Internet service dedicated to issues of culture, life, and family. It was launched in September 1997. LifeSiteNews Daily News reports and information pages are used by numerous organizations and publications, educators, professionals and political, religious and life and family organization leaders and grassroots people across North America and internationally.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Documents reveal US drone policy is scandalously indiscriminate
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Hillary better be prepared, House Oversight and Government Reform chairman Darrell Issa says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?