SPECIAL: Nationwide Demonstrations: 'Do not Abandon Babies with Your Vote'
Randall Terry has announced the convening of peaceful demonstrations and Press conferences in 18 major cities on Thursday Oct. 30, 2008.
Will you join us in reaching the Catholics and Evangelicals in your community? Will you lead an event in your town? If Christians hear the truth – spoken with love and clarity – many will ultimately reject Obama, and protect the babies with their vote.
On Thursday, October 30, at 12 noon local time, we are holding peaceful demonstrations and press conferences in front of Obama Headquarters across the country. We currently have 18 cities; we could hit 25 or 30. (Go to www.humbleplea.com to see the current list of cities, contact info, and addresses.)
We are asking you to join us in a scheduled event, or to pull one together over the next day. We have total instructions and a press release template at www.humbleplea.com.
Our message will be simple and heartfelt:
"Dear Christian voters, please don't turn your back on the babies with your vote. If Obama is elected, it will cost millions of children their lives.We all know the economy is in trouble; we are all feeling pressure on our families; we all would like the war to be over, and immigration fixed; but we cannot put these issues ahead of the lives of innocent babies."
It is to the point, and cuts to the heart of the matter.
Many of us have been distressed that abortion has not been a very key part of this election, even though in the hierarchy of issues and evils, it is the paramount battle of our times.
The truth is, the reason abortion has fallen off the radar screen is because we have let it. We have not had actions and rhetoric equal to the crime of child-killing.But we still have a window of time to reach our brethren. And what better way to reach them with the truth than on the front page of our papers, our local TV News, and our local radio and internet outlets?
We can take action that stands a good chance of getting covered by the press and media; a demonstration and press conference that show we will not let child-killing by abortion be ignored. It is a matter of life and death.Let me tell you clearly: we need you. Even if you have never done anything like this before, you can do it. Yes, you can do it in one day.
Just follow the instructions we have laid out at www.humbleplea.com. If you will take those steps, you have a great chance of getting your message out to hundreds of thousands of Christians in your area.Remember this: Truth has within it the seeds of its own victory; lies have within them the seeds of their own destruction.
Our duty is to herald the truth with as much clarity and courage and charity as we can, and to get our message out to as many people as possible.What better way than the front page of your local newspaper, or your local TV News? We have one week left to beg our fellow Catholics and Evangelical Christian brethren who intend to vote for Obama to come to their senses, and forsake their treacherous plans.
Will you help? Go to www.humbleplea.com and read the instructions. Then call us right away at 904-687-9804, and we will ad you to the list of those who dare to lift their voices for the voiceless.
Current Cities and addresses are: (All are at noon local time.)
Joseph Landry, 904-687-9804
4350 N. Fairfax Drive,
Arlington, VA 22203
Joseph Gustafson, Cell 704-756-5051 Home 704-541-5778
1523 Elizabeth Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28204
Marti Shoemaker, Cell 513-518-6473 Home 513-741-7120
1524 Madison Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45206
Colorado Springs, CO
Douglas Montgomery, 719-964-4050
218 S. Limit Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Annamarie, 614-792-2241, Fr. Joseph Klee, 740-355-3196
340 E. Fulton St.
Columbus, OH 43215
Sue Cyr, 214-685-1079
1409 South Lamar
Dallas, TX 75215
Fr. Gabriel Anderson, 563-583-9117
2600 Doge St., Kmart Plaza
Fort Wayne, IN
Ginny Gehret, 419-942-2473
1920 Blusston Rd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46809
Robert Rust, 812-662-6367
850 N. Meridian
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Jeremy Blanchard, Cell 904-838-1408 Home 904-886-3291
Kansas City, MO
Mary Ann Benage, Cell 316-253-3353, Home 620-223-4044
3100 Gillham Plaza
Kansas City, MO 64109
Stephen Olita 901-490-8044
5026 Park Avenue
Eastgate Shopping Center
Memphis, TN 38117
Miles Codius, Cell 305-794-0480
257 Miracle Mile Rd.
Coral Gables, FL 33134
New York, NY
Chris Slattery, 914-224-5773
New York, NY 10004
Souix City Iowa
Marge Stanek, 712-253-2501
500 block, Nebraska Street, Sioux City 51101
St. Augustine, FL
Christine Humphries, 904-829-9457
142B King St.
St. John's Democratic Headquarters
St. Augustine, FL 32084
St. Louis, MO
Bill Kee, 903-269-8638
3126 Olive St.
St. Louis, MO 63103
Virginia Beach, VA
Kathryn Tribble, Cell 757-502-0890 Home 757-831-9924
3613 Virginia Beach Blvd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?