Mother Teresa's Chaplain Addresses Catholics and Voting
"Christians, in particular, must think of what Christ will say to them at the Last Judgment if they support 'pro-choice' candidates."
Was there an overriding issue in 1857 when the "honorable" judges of the U.S. Supreme Court, in the 'Dred-Scott' case, upheld the owner's right to bring slaves across state lines like stray animals? Was there an overriding issue for centuries in India when an "untouchable" could be killed for walking across a Brahm in's shadow? Was there an overriding issue when Lenin and Stalin killed millions as "insects, parasites and vermin"? Was there an overriding issue in 1933 when the Germans voted into power the Nazi Party, with its attractive economic policies, but in spite of Hitler's position that certain categories of people (Jews and others) were 'Unmenschen' (non-humans) who should be exterminated in a holocaust?
As in 1933, so also in 2008 there are several issues that loom large in many people's minds such as the economy and social welfare policies. I submit to you that the overriding issue is the so-called "legalization" of the abortion holocaust by the Supreme Court in 1973. The reasons for reaching this conclusion are the following:
A) One must be aware that, on January 22nd, 1973, the majority of the "honorable" judges of the U.S. Supreme Court, in the 'Roe v. Wade' and 'Doe v. Bolton' cases, ruled that abortion is "legal" throughout the nine months of pregnancy through accepting, by the latter case, emotional conditions of the mother as justifying abortion at any stage of pregnancy. These judges also added, "We need not resolve the difficult question of when life begins" (Roe v. Wade, IX, B, p. 159.)
B) These rulings ushered in a holocaust and a 'relativistic atheism'. That is, one constructs one's own truth to suit one's desires. For example, if one wants the child, 'he' or 'she' is a baby from conception (a test-tube 'baby'), but if one does not want the child, "it" is a blob of protoplasm until birth.
C) Moreover, democracy itself is at stake when Supreme Court Judges, who are not responsible to the people because they are appointed for life, arrogate unto themselves the role of "legislating", instead of merely 'adjudicating'. The majority judges "legislated" from the bench when they concocted 'Roe v. Wade' by reading a "right" to abortion in the Constitution that does not even refer to abortion. What "right" might such Judges read next in the Constitution: euthanasia, same-sex "marriages", or polygamy!
D) Furthermore, besides the atheistic relativism, "pro-choice" is based on a completely materialistic view of human life. "Pro-choicers" cannot even entertain the possibility that the purpose of a human being's life is to prepare now for a 'destiny beyond death'. Their arguments are entirely restricted to a 'this world' view of life. The very thought that abortion terminates a human being's right to grow in sanctity during this life and, thereby, causes the victim to reach the destiny beyond death as a 'spiritual dwarf', elicits such a complete consternation in "pro-choicers" that they usually banish such a thought. But the myopic view that a human being's destiny ends with death divests life of any ultimate meaning. It also eliminates ultimate personal consequences of doing 'good' instead of doing 'evil'. Although many "pro-choicers" retain moral values, what ultimate difference does it make whether one lives a good life, a bad life, or commits suicide if one ends up as only dust after death!
Given the atheistic and materialistic mentalities, along with the threat to democracy that 'Roe v. Wade' has foisted on the nation, I submit to you that the overriding issue is to elect a President who will nominate, and senators who will support the appointment of Supreme Court Judges most likely to overturn 'Roe v. Wade' and 'Doe v. Bolton'. Moreover, this overriding, right-to-life issue also mandates electing members of Congress and Governors who will support pro-life legislation.
What is the stand of the Presidential candidates? Barak Obama went to the extent of voting against the Bill prohibiting 'partial birth abortion'. As President he would reverse the present 'Mexico City Policy' prohibiting U.S. tax money from being diverted to promote abortion abroad. Reversing this policy would promote 'female feticide' by the hundreds of thousands in many Asian ...
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- News to ruin your morning: IRS official who targeted conservatives for audit now oversees your Obamacare compliance
- Culture of Corruption, Obama pays Sarah Ingram extra for her harassment of conservatives
- Culture of Corruption: Why Obama's misuse of Marines is wrong
- Rubio: Obama's intimidation of tea party groups 'not in isolation'
- Editorial: Is the Scandal Ridden Obama Administration Becoming a House of Cards?
- Obama asks for more money, Marines to protect embassies
- President stands ground against Republican critics
- Eric Holder says he will investigate the IRS for Obama
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?