Maverick McCain Picks Gov. Sarah Palin as his Running Mate
The Maverick has indeed gone bold.He has just infused this 2008 presidentail campaign with a jolt of raw energy.Sarah Palin is the Vice Presidential nominee of the Republican Party.
In this Dec. 4, 2006 file photo, Todd Palin, right, holds the Bible for his wife, Sarah Palin, as she is sworn in as Alaska's governor during an inauguration ceremony in Fairbanks, Alaska. As the political community turned desperate for any clues about the potential running mate of Republican Presidential candidate, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., speculation moved toward several dark horse candidates including Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the so-called 'hockey mom' credited with reforms of her tiny, out-of-the-way state.
There was a flurry of reports from the pundit class in the wee hours of the morning indicating that Senator John McCain was going to choose Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska, the first female Governor of that State, and a rising star in the new face of the Republican Party, as his Vice presidential running mate.
She rose to prominence through her courageous willingness to expose ethics violations within her own State Party. She is pro-life, pro-marriage and family, and pro-freedom. She is a happily married wife and mother of five children. She is beautiful, well liked in her home State (80% approval rating), articulate and from all that I have heard, a genuinely warm,kind and good person.
The suspense over the pending announcement was unlike anything I have experienced in all my years of political participation and activism.
Now, it has been confirmed. The McCain/Palin ticket will soon take the stage. The Maverick has indeed gone bold.He has just infused this 2008 presidentail campaign with a jolt of raw energy. The entire Press corps is fixated on the Republicans this morning, even though Senator Barack Obama gave his much anticipated acceptance speech last night.Senator John McCain turned 72 years old today. With this historic decision he has proven that he still has a lot of life and courage. More, after the historic introduction.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Russia seeks access to new facilities for navy: Is a new Cold War ahead?
- Bill that would allow surprise inspections at abortion clinics close to approval in Arizona
- UN: Almost 10,000 incidents of school violence from 2009-2013
- Syria, Venezuela, North Korea and Uganda called out by U.S. State Department for human rights abuses
- Citing 'negative consequences,' Arizona Governor vetoes anti-gay bill
- 'Shared responsibility payment' in Obamacare tax hides veiled threat
- California Senator faces 400 years in prison on corruption charges
- Leaked document shows NSA spied on trade talks, U.S. lawyers
- First medical doctor in Texas suspended under new abortion law
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?