Steelers hope to pick up Maurice Jones-Drew before NFL draft
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
3/25/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
With the May Eighth NFL draft looming ever closer, the Pittsburgh Steelers are looking to fill a hole in their team before the NFL draft in May; particularly they are looking at finding a veteran running back.
Maurice Jones-Drew is just one potential running back for the Steelers, they are also looking at LaGarette Blounts.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Two possible candidates that have recently visited the Steelers are Maurice Jones-Drew, formerly of the Jacksonville Jaguars, and former New England Patriots LaGarette Blounts.
Jones-Drew has Jaguar records for most career rushing touchdowns (63), most rushing touchdowns in a single season 15-2009, and most rushing yards in a single season (1,606 in 2011). He is also receiving interest from several other teams including the Patriots, the New York Jets, and the Miami Dolphins.
How are these for your beloved Catholic athlete?
Arthur Moats has also been signed on for a year by the Steelers. Moats was a linebacker for the Buffalo Bills for four seasons before his release in 2013, where he accrued 141 tackles, 5.5 sacks, and two forced fumbles.
Head Coach Mike Tomlin is also switching up his coaching staff, bringing in former coach for the Tennessee Titans and Hall of Famer Mike Munchak to coach the offensive line.
Pittsburgh has a 15 pick in the first round, as well as three consolatory selections, including a pick in the third round. "I was expecting it, but at the same time it's like Christmas - it's great, particularly this time of year when you're out evaluating talent. You feel real good about the opportunity to add three more guys who could be significant," said Tomlin.
The Steelers need some new talent to push them over an 8-8 season last year where they went 4-2 in their division and 6-6 in conference.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for OCTOBER 2017
Workers and the Unemployed. That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.
Super Bowl Sunday. It's as American as apple pie, but in recent years, controversy has erupted over the beloved American pastime and - ... continue reading
The Chicago Cubs have won the 2016 World Series in a 10-inning game, beating the Cleveland Indians 4-3. The win breaks a 108-year losing ... continue reading
The world lost a great human being and legendary sportsman in Arnold Palmer. The golfer passed away on September 25, a day before he was to ... continue reading
On Sept. 2, Dodger Stadium served as the center of a massive Venn diagram of local Catholics and lifelong fans of the Los Angeles Dodgers, ... continue reading
The Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) group has accused Georgia football coach Mark Richt of forcing his beliefs onto the college ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Saturday, December 16, 2017
- Australia asks Church to end celibacy and confession to fight child ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 19th, 2017 HD Video
- Church reviews possible Catholic hospital mega-merger
- Commission recommends Church end priestly celibacy and confession to ...
- Indonesia rejects law that would criminalize sex outside of marriage
- St. Ado of Vienne: Saint of the Day for Saturday, December 16, 2017
- Las Posadas - a Catholic Hispanic Tradition
- 7 powerful morning prayers you need to get your day started with God
- NO, you may NOT venerate the apparitions in Medjugorje
- Pope Francis wants to change two major Catholic laws he sees as ...
- The Real Christmas Gift: Because Jesus is Born, We Can Be Born Again
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 18th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 17th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 16th, 2017 HD
- The Net Neutrality Scam: Get ready to pay a lot more for a lot less HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way