How did a California Catholic school make $24 MILLION on Snapchat?
St. Francis Catholic High School in Mountain View, California recently revealed that it invested just $15,000 in a very early seed round of funding for Snapchat (now known as Snap) back in 2012.
Can Snapchat change your life?
Mountain View, CA (ChurchPop) - Snap just went public with an IPO, and the school sold some of their shares for a whopping $24 million.
They only sold two-thirds of their shares, saving one-third in hopes that the share price will continue to rise.
The school president said the money would be used to carry out their strategic plan, which includes expanding financial aid and growing their science and technology programs.
So why was the school investing in Snapchat in the first place? The school has a special growth fund that they've used to make investments since the 1990s as a way of generating additional income. In 2012, a father of two girls at the school who ran a venture capital firm recommended the school make the investment in the fledgling start-up.
One Catholic school made millions by investing in Snapchat.
This article originally appeared on ChurchPop.com. Not for redistribution.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for JUNE 2017
National Leaders. That national leaders may firmly commit themselves to ending the arms trade, which victimizes so many innocent people.
Since at least the Third Century, Christians have commemorated this day as a Solemnity, the day when the two pillars of the Church, the ... continue reading
A self-professed, born again evangelical Christian has demolished a monument to the Ten Commandments that had just been placed in front of ... continue reading
A district court judge on Thursday halted the deportation of more than 100 Iraqis, including many Chaldean Christians, who were recently ... continue reading
A California court on Wednesday dismissed 14 of 15 criminal charges against an undercover journalist behind the video expose of Planned ... continue reading
A Serial Killer's Last Words: The hidden motive behind Ted Bundy's horrific murders (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT) Watch
Editor's note: The following content may be disturbing to some readers. Reader discretion is advised. Raiford, Florida (CNA) - He was one ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- St. Peter: Saint of the Day for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Waymo announces self driving trucks, industry close to shifting
- ISIS sex slave forced to EAT her COOKED one-year-old BABY
- Daily Readings for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- The Martyrdom of the Apostles Peter and Paul Invites Us Into a New ...
- Mafia responds to Pope Francis' suggestion they be excommunicated HD ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 30th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 29th, 2017 HD
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the Philippines HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD