How did a California Catholic school make $24 MILLION on Snapchat?
St. Francis Catholic High School in Mountain View, California recently revealed that it invested just $15,000 in a very early seed round of funding for Snapchat (now known as Snap) back in 2012.
Can Snapchat change your life?
Mountain View, CA (ChurchPop) - Snap just went public with an IPO, and the school sold some of their shares for a whopping $24 million.
They only sold two-thirds of their shares, saving one-third in hopes that the share price will continue to rise.
The school president said the money would be used to carry out their strategic plan, which includes expanding financial aid and growing their science and technology programs.
So why was the school investing in Snapchat in the first place? The school has a special growth fund that they've used to make investments since the 1990s as a way of generating additional income. In 2012, a father of two girls at the school who ran a venture capital firm recommended the school make the investment in the fledgling start-up.
One Catholic school made millions by investing in Snapchat.
This article originally appeared on ChurchPop.com. Not for redistribution.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for AUGUST 2017
Artists. That artists of our time, through their ingenuity, may help everyone discover the beauty of creation.
It's unpopular to be a statue these days, as public monuments are being vandalized and destroyed to make social commentary. The vandalism ... continue reading
Arkansas may block tens of thousands of dollars in Medicaid funding from going to Planned Parenthood, a panel of the 8th U.S. Circuit Court ... continue reading
Hector Loya, mayor of Passaic, New Jersey, has ordered the removal of a shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe, which he says is illegal because ... continue reading
Mother shares heartbreaking photo of her dying daughter as she pulls the plug following overdose Watch
Cheryl Towery has shared a dramatic photo of her dying daughter, as she prepared to pull the plug on her life support. Her daughter, Elaina ... continue reading
There is a secret plan for America, and what we're seeing is just the start. The sinister plot has begun Watch
To the uninitiated eye, there is a movement afoot in the United States to remove monuments to the Confederacy. Few people care about what ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Statue of St. Serra vandalized, are Christian crosses next?
- Jerry Lewis passes away at 91, was most proud of his family HD Video
- St. Pius X: Saint of the Day for Monday, August 21, 2017
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian ...
- Daily Readings for Monday, August 21, 2017
- 'Annabelle: Creation': Catholic Exorcist discusses power of hit ...
- 'A Sign of the Times': A warning against 'expelling incoming ...
- St Joseph
- ten commandments
- Pope Francis
- saint agnes
- St Anthony
- 10 commandments
- mary magdalene
- Patron saints
- st bernadette
- pope francis
- St. John
- holy spirit
- morning prayer
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 HD
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug on her life support HD
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD