'Obummercare' still a failure gallup poll reports
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
8/7/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
The Affordable Care Act, known more commonly by its popular name "Obamacare", requires that all Americans obtain health insurance by the beginning of 2014 or pay a penalty, a new poll from Gallup shows that 13.4% of Americans are still uninsured.
A Gallup poll reports that more than 10% of Americans do not have health insurance, even though the Affordable Healthcare Act mandates they must.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - In Texas that number is even higher, where 24% are not insured, whereas Mississippi had uninsured rates of 20.6% and Georgia lacked 20.2% insured.
Bring an end to world hunger through "prayer and action."
The percentage of Americans uninsured did drop from 17.3% (in 2013) to 13.4% as of the second quarter of 2014. But the following states still have a great number of uninsured.
South Carolina, 16.8%
North Carolina, 16.7%
In President Barack Obama's home state of Illinois, 12.3% of the people do not have health insurance.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for SEPTEMBER 2017
Parishes. That our parishes, animated by a missionary spirit, may be places where faith is communicated and charity is seen.
We have unmasked Lawrence O'Donnell for the lying, foul mouthed, hypocrite that he is. The fake-news reporting hypocrite has gone viral in ... continue reading
"Evacuate or die," is the warning to residents of Puerto Rico as category 5 hurricane Maria churns towards the island territory. Maria has ... continue reading
Thug produces video that shows him lynching a child, YouTube responds by banning Bible readings Watch
A rap artist has published a video that shows him lynching a child. The production is intended to support the Black Lives Matter movement, ... continue reading
A viral video of a nun going to work on a fallen tree with a chainsaw is raising brows online. But why should it? Nuns are among the ... continue reading
This year, California went from due to overdue for the Big One. That's the name residents have for a massive quake that scientists predict ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- Martyrs of Chalcedon: Saint of the Day for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD