Buffalo Bill's necklace and revolver sell for $80 grand
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
6/17/2014 (2 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Historical mementos of the famous western scout and showman Buffalo Bill Cody were sold at an auction in Dallas on June 14.
To antique items that belonged to frontier scout and Old West showman Buffalo Bill were sold for more than $80,000.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The two items, a necklace made from the claws of a grizzly bear and a Cold .45 six shooter, each sold for $40, 625.
Buffalo Bill's 1873 Frontier Six-Shooter, which he purchased in New York in 1883.
Dallas based Heritage Auctions conducted the sale of the pieces during its "Legends of the West Signature Auction" which featured nearly 400 collectible items from the period, including guns, badges, photos and books.
This necklace, made with the claws of a grizzly bear, was given to Buffalo Bill by Sioux chief Sitting Bull.
Heritage's spokesman Tom Slater said that Buffalo Bill was given the grizzly-bear necklace by the Sioux warrior chief Sitting bull. Buffalo Bill bought his revolver, an 1873 Frontier Six-Shooter Revolver from the New York City firearms deal Harley & Graham in January of 1883.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for MARCH 2017
Support for Persecuted Christians. That persecuted Christians may be supported by the prayers and material help of the whole Church.
Severely abused dog reveals heart of gold when she rescues freezing toddler from certain death Watch
An adorable dog named Petunia, who also answers to Peanut, went from rescue to rescuer. LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Peanut was ... continue reading
Confirmation should not be used as some sort of spiritual barometer or test. Show us you know what it means to be a Christian, or ... continue reading
I think I stand with the Apostle to Ireland by rejecting the use of the term, "post-Christian" as it relates to the West of this hour. He ... continue reading
One year after the U.S. declared that ISIS was committing genocide in Iraq and Syria, advocates for religious and ethnic minorities are ... continue reading
I personally believe there is room in the Catholic Church, East and West, for a both celibate and a married clergy, deacons and priests. ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Toribio Alfonso de Mogrovejo: Saint of the Day for Thursday, ...
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious ...
- 'Living Lent': Thursday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 23
- Pope Francis defends millennials, but warns them about too much ...
- ISIS deploys child soldiers to keep Christians from returning to Mosul
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
- Christ's tomb reveals surprise after restoration HD
- Peruvian woman miraculously survives deadly mudslide HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.