Buffalo Bill's necklace and revolver sell for $80 grand
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
6/17/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Historical mementos of the famous western scout and showman Buffalo Bill Cody were sold at an auction in Dallas on June 14.
To antique items that belonged to frontier scout and Old West showman Buffalo Bill were sold for more than $80,000.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The two items, a necklace made from the claws of a grizzly bear and a Cold .45 six shooter, each sold for $40, 625.
Buffalo Bill's 1873 Frontier Six-Shooter, which he purchased in New York in 1883.
Dallas based Heritage Auctions conducted the sale of the pieces during its "Legends of the West Signature Auction" which featured nearly 400 collectible items from the period, including guns, badges, photos and books.
This necklace, made with the claws of a grizzly bear, was given to Buffalo Bill by Sioux chief Sitting Bull.
Heritage's spokesman Tom Slater said that Buffalo Bill was given the grizzly-bear necklace by the Sioux warrior chief Sitting bull. Buffalo Bill bought his revolver, an 1873 Frontier Six-Shooter Revolver from the New York City firearms deal Harley & Graham in January of 1883.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for OCTOBER 2017
Workers and the Unemployed. That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.
President Trump has decided to release a trove of classified documents on the Kennedy assassination. President Kennedy, the first Catholic ... continue reading
On Monday, the U.S. Senate confirmed Callista Gingrich, wife of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, as the next U.S. Ambassador to the Holy ... continue reading
With more than 30 deaths caused by the various wildfires devouring swaths of California, Pope Francis on Friday sent a message voicing his ... continue reading
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has asked league owners to have their players stand for the national anthem. The lamented in a letter to all ... continue reading
"It's the worst mass shooting in modern American history." The above opening sentence is the exact lead sentence I used in a column last ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Are you called to be a missionary? The answer is YES YOU ARE!
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Skeptic filmmaker explores demonic possession, admits it can be 'very ...
- St. Anthony Mary Claret: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Pope Francis speaks about putting God first and reality
- Skeptic explores demonic possession, admits it can be 'very real' HD ...
- Day 2 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- Day 1 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD
- Evil money - George Soros pays to start a revolution in America HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way