Values - Gallup shows The Heartbeat of the Family growing weaker
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
6/4/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
A Gallup poll confirms what many of us have suspected, American culture is shifting for the worse. Values are eroding and what is considered "okay" is becoming increasingly libertine and amoral.
Values, which hold a family together, are eroding.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The results of the annual "Values and Beliefs Survey" from the Gallup organization are in and the comparisons to 2001 show a fundamental shift between what is acceptable and what is not to most Americans.
The following list of statistics tells a story. It is a tragic story of the erosion of traditional family-based values. It is a story with a bleak ending that is yet to come. Our nation will need a lot of prayers and action to reverse this trend. The cancer has spread though the fabric of our nation.
This is what your neighbors think about:
Sex between an unmarried man and woman
Having a baby outside of marriage
Gay or lesbian relations
Medical research using stem cells from human embryos
If we have any hope amid this despair, it is in Christ Jesus. We hope you will join us in prayer.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for OCTOBER 2017
Workers and the Unemployed. That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- Attempted terror attack fails in Manhattan as pipe bomb explodes ...
- Archaeologists open two new Egyptian tombs, discover mummy, artifacts
- Our Lady of Guadalupe: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 HD Video
- Did Ray Moore break the law by talking to teens?
- Coming forward is the key to ending systemic abuse!
- Here's how Pope Francis wants to change the Lords Prayer HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 12th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 11th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 10th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way