Values - Gallup shows The Heartbeat of the Family growing weaker
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
6/4/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
A Gallup poll confirms what many of us have suspected, American culture is shifting for the worse. Values are eroding and what is considered "okay" is becoming increasingly libertine and amoral.
Values, which hold a family together, are eroding.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The results of the annual "Values and Beliefs Survey" from the Gallup organization are in and the comparisons to 2001 show a fundamental shift between what is acceptable and what is not to most Americans.
The following list of statistics tells a story. It is a tragic story of the erosion of traditional family-based values. It is a story with a bleak ending that is yet to come. Our nation will need a lot of prayers and action to reverse this trend. The cancer has spread though the fabric of our nation.
This is what your neighbors think about:
Sex between an unmarried man and woman
Having a baby outside of marriage
Gay or lesbian relations
Medical research using stem cells from human embryos
If we have any hope amid this despair, it is in Christ Jesus. We hope you will join us in prayer.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for AUGUST 2017
Artists. That artists of our time, through their ingenuity, may help everyone discover the beauty of creation.
by Catholic Online
- St. Philip Benizi: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD ...
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD Video
- Here are four martyrs who died, protecting the seal of confession
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- New research shows global warming is not your fault. Here's why
- Cultured meats coming to a store near you in 2018
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD
- Jerry Lewis passes away at 91, was most proud of his family HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 HD