Hey dads! Pope Francis has an awesome message for you!
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
3/20/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
On the feast day of St. Joseph, Pope Francis spoke directly to dads, encouraging them to follow the example of St. Joseph and remain close to their children.
Pope Francis follows the example of St. Joseph, and blesses a child. Our clergy are father figures too.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Yesterday was the feast day of St. Joseph and Pope Francis used the occasion to tell dads around the world to stay close to their children.
During his weekly audience in St. Peter's Square, Pope Francis addressed fathers saying, "I ask that you have the grace to be very close to your children, letting them grow, but being by their side. They need you, your presence, to be there, your love!"
Pope Francis explained that St. Joseph was a guardian and drew parallels to teachers, catechists, parents, religious, and priests. Even priests are called to follow the example of St. Joseph as they are Fathers of their congregations.
Pope Francis called fathers to grow in "wisdom and grace," and asked mothers to join in that mission too. "it would be a serious mistake to think that a father and a mother can't do anything to teach their children to grow in God's grace," he said.
As we know, God was the true father of Jesus, yet St. Joseph also said yes to God. He obeyed God's will and cared for Mary and Jesus all the days of his life. He taught Jesus his trade and ensured Jesus was raised according to God's will, for Jesus was born as a human and as such he had human needs.
St. Joseph met these needs without complaint or question.
Men are called to do the same as St. Joseph and meet the needs of their children likewise.
Pope Francis took a celebratory tone towards the end of his message. "Learn from him that only trust in God can turn doubt into certainty, evil into good, total darkness of the night into a radiant dawn!" Then he asked for all of the fathers in the crowd to raise their hands. "Best wishes, all the best on your day!" he hailed.
Pope Francis concluded with the Our Father, joined by the multitudes in the jam-packed square.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for AUGUST 2017
Artists. That artists of our time, through their ingenuity, may help everyone discover the beauty of creation.
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD Video
- Daily Readings for Monday, August 21, 2017
- St. Pius X: Saint of the Day for Monday, August 21, 2017
- Statue of St. Serra vandalized, are Christian crosses next?
- 'A Sign of the Times': A warning against 'expelling incoming ...
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug ...
- 'Annabelle: Creation': Catholic Exorcist discusses power of hit ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 20th, 2017 HD
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ill Charlie HD