Taiwan rallies against gay marriage, gays still demand government bend to their will
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
12/24/2013 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
The people of Taiwan are rallying against a proposal to allow gays to marry and adopt children in that country. Homosexual equivalency advocates, as part of a global movement, are asking for the government to recognize homosexual unions as marriage and permit same-sex partners to adopt children.
Taiwan saw its first gay marriage in 2012, although such marriages are not sanctioned by the state.
TAIPEI, TAIWAN (Catholic Online) - The Taiwanese government has listened to the petitions of homosexual equivalency advocates who want the state to permit them to legally marry and adopt children. The request is profound since the family unit holds prime significance in Taiwanese culture.
The presidential office has proposed a referendum vote to be put to the people, but homosexual equivalency advocates are opposed to the referendum process since the clear majority of Taiwanese people are in favor of traditional marriage and families.
Last November, a virtual army of 200,000 people marched in defense of traditional marriage before the presidential offices.
No political party in Taiwan is speaking publicly in opposition to homosexuals per se, however they are against changing laws in a way which will strike directly at the family unit, a unit that is sacred in Taiwanese culture.
Protesters carried signs indicating that children can only be produced from unions between men and women, suggesting that homosexual unions are not natural and cannot form the basis of family.
Still homosexual equivalency advocates will not be deterred. They are demanding the government set aside traditional culture, natural moral law, and long accepted values and accommodate their desires immediately, unnatural or not.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for JULY 2017
Lapsed Christians. That our brothers and sisters who have strayed from the faith, through our prayer and witness to the Gospel, may rediscover the merciful closeness of the Lord and the beauty of the Christian life.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD Video
- Cardinal Muller reports Pope Emeritus Benedict is 'disappointed' at ...
- Family receives shocking MIRACLE after 9-month-pregnant woman is shot ...
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD Video
- St. Lawrence of Brindisi: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 21, 2017
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 21, 2017
- Did the Church just marry three women to the same spouse in Detroit ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 21st, 2017 HD
- Why is Facebook censoring Catholic content? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 20th, 2017 HD
- The one nasty reason you can't take your kids to the park anymore HD