Former hostage, Fr. Tom Uzhunnalil meets Pope Francis
Fr. Tom Uzhunnalil has been released from terrorist captivity and has been flown to the Vatican. Yesterday he was able to meet with Pope Francis.
Fr. Tom in Oman, just after his release. We are grateful to the Sultan Said al Said for his help.
Fr. Tom Uzhunnalil has been released, following intervention by the Sultan of Oman, Qaboos Said al Said. Fr. Tom was kidnapped in Yemen and was held by terrorists for 18 months. At several times, his captors threatened to kill him and suggested his death could come at any moment. It was suggested that he was to be crucified on Good Friday, but that report turned out to be false.
Following his release, Fr. Tom was taken to the Vatican by plane where he was given a checkup, new clothes, and was able to meet with Pope Francis.
The Vatican asked the Sultan of Oman to intervene on their behalf and secure the release of Fr. Tom.
An exclusive image of Fr. Tom walking off a plane in Muscat, Oman after being rescued. [Photo by: Benwen Lopez]
The world is grateful for the release of Fr. Tom. We are all grateful for the prayers of the faithful, which were certainly instrumental in the protection and release of Fr. Tom. We thank God for His mercy and his gifts, and for hearing our prayers.
Pope Francis gives Fr. Tom a blessing.
Fr. Tom cleaned up and shaven, slimmer for his ordeal, but healthy. We thank God for his release.
Let us continue to pray for all who are captive, and for all who courageously serve regardless of danger.
Editor's Note: Catholic Online would like to thank its primary source for news and information regarding Fr. Tom.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for OCTOBER 2017
Workers and the Unemployed. That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Bl. Miguel Pro: Saint of the Day for Thursday, November 23, 2017
- Daily Readings for Thursday, November 23, 2017
- Priest: Adoration has made Juarez safer
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Deacon Keith Fournier on Thanksgiving Day and the Need to Return to God
- Quotes of the Saints - Five saints have a message for you on this ...
- Will 2018 be the year the Big One hits California? The news media makes a shocking claim HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, November 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, November 24th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way