The unbelievable thing 9/10 Americans are praying for
God is alive, God is moving and God is healing!
Nine in 10 Americans turn to God in prayer regardless of religion (HeartOfWorshipChurch/Wordpress).
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Every religion has a form of prayer. As Catholics, prayer should be as natural as breathing - but how many of us truly expect and believe a miracle?
A new study conducted by Baylor University found: "Nearly nine of 10 Americans have relied upon healing prayer at some point, praying for others even more than for themselves."
Jeff Levin, a University Professor of Epidemiology and Population Health, as well as the director of the Program on Religion and Population Health at Baylor's Institute for Studies of Religion, revealed an extra, astonishing, finding: "The most surprising finding is that more than a quarter of all Americans have practiced laying on of hands -- and nearly one in five has done so on multiple occasions."
Levin continued, stating, "Outside of belief in God, there may be no more ubiquitous religious expression in the U.S. than use of healing prayer."
The study indicated the most widely used form of treatment for medical problems may be prayer.
The statistical analysis of a survey including 1,714 adults in the United States revealed:
- 78.8 percent of participants have prayed for healing for themselves at some point in their lives, and 32.4 percent do so often
- 87.4 percent have prayed for healing for others, and 51.1 percent do so often
- 54.1 percent have asked for prayers for their health
- 26.1 percent have given a "laying on of hands" for healing
- 53 percent have participated in a prayer group, prayer circle or prayer chain
One large-scale continuation of miracles, covered by Christian Today, includes a growing number of Muslims converting to Christianity.
Confessing our sins and asking for forgiveness will cleanse us from evil (RPM).
While ISIS and civil war tear Syria to pieces, the Lebanon-based Christian Aid Mission has reported several miraculous healings, needs are being met and entire families are turning to Jesus.
The Christian Aid Mission director shared the story of one woman, called Majida, who prayed, "Lord, I know You never let us down-we need food for our family."
Days later she found money on the path before her. "She was so pleased that God had answered her prayer in such a creative way that she started jumping up and down with joy."
Majida used the money to purchase bread for her family. When her neighbors noticed, they asked where she got the money for bread, to which she replied simply, "It was sent to me from God."
When they asked how it was possible, she shared her faith and prayed with them.
In another miracle, a mother called Nivine brought her 2-year-old daughter, who was paralysed, for prayer. The ministry leader told her they prayed in the name of Jesus, and Nivine stated, "Whatever it takes. Just make her better."
A member from the team prayed with Nivine for two weeks and, during one prayer session, Nivine saw her daughter smile, then move her hands. Eventually, full healing came and Nivine's daughter was freed from paralysis.
As God continues to heal the sick, change circumstances and convert people to Christianity, more and more people around the world feel the hope He offers and turn to Him.
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for FEBRUARY 2018
Say 'No' to Corruption. That those who have material, political or spiritual power may resist any lure of corruption.
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 14
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 25th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, February 24, 2018
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 13
- St. John Theristus: Saint of the Day for Saturday, February 24, 2018
- The Biblical Seal of Isaiah has been found! HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 12
- The Tragic Reason Mass Shootings Happen, and it's NOT the guns HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 24th, 2018 HD
- Spiritual Warfare and the Help of Angels HD
- St. Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education