Spanish model quits glamorous career to become a nun
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
6/23/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
After a career and lifestyle that would be the envy of anyone, Spanish model and actress Olalla Oliveros walked away from her hectic and glamorous lifestyle in order to become a nun. A face at onetime seen on countless billboards across Spain is now adorned with blue sackcloth and veil.
Olalla Oliveros took the veil after she had a reoccurring vision of herself dressed as a nun.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Joining the Order of Saint Michael and becoming a nun, she says she made the decision after an "earthquake" moment during a visit to The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima in Portugal.
"The Lord is never wrong. He asked if I will follow him, and I could not refuse," the normally reluctant Oliveros told the National Catholic Register.
After an 'earthquake' visit to a shrine in Portugal, Oliveros (second from right) joined the Order of Saint Michael changing her name to Sister Olalla del Si de Maria.
Oliveros at first found the experience strange, but later could not shake the image of herself dressed as a nun out of her head.
The 36-year-old model quit her career to take the veil. Oliveros' new name is Sister Olalla del Sí de María. While Oliveros joined the order four years ago, she has only recently spoken about the decision.
"Being a model means being a benchmark, someone whose beliefs are worthy of being imitated, and I grew tired of being a model of superficiality.
"I want to be a model that promotes the true dignity of women and not their being used for commercial purposes," Oliveros says.
"I grew tired of a world of lies, appearances, falsity, hypocrisy and deception, a society full of anti-values that exalts violence, adultery, drugs, alcohol, fighting, and a world that exalts riches, pleasure, sexual immorality and fraud.
"I want to be a model that promotes the true dignity of women and not their being used for commercial purposes," she says.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for SEPTEMBER 2017
Parishes. That our parishes, animated by a missionary spirit, may be places where faith is communicated and charity is seen.
by Catholic Online
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- Martyrs of Chalcedon: Saint of the Day for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- Daily Readings for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD