Spanish model quits glamorous career to become a nun
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
6/23/2014 (2 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
After a career and lifestyle that would be the envy of anyone, Spanish model and actress Olalla Oliveros walked away from her hectic and glamorous lifestyle in order to become a nun. A face at onetime seen on countless billboards across Spain is now adorned with blue sackcloth and veil.
Olalla Oliveros took the veil after she had a reoccurring vision of herself dressed as a nun.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Joining the Order of Saint Michael and becoming a nun, she says she made the decision after an "earthquake" moment during a visit to The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima in Portugal.
"The Lord is never wrong. He asked if I will follow him, and I could not refuse," the normally reluctant Oliveros told the National Catholic Register.
After an 'earthquake' visit to a shrine in Portugal, Oliveros (second from right) joined the Order of Saint Michael changing her name to Sister Olalla del Si de Maria.
Oliveros at first found the experience strange, but later could not shake the image of herself dressed as a nun out of her head.
The 36-year-old model quit her career to take the veil. Oliveros' new name is Sister Olalla del Sí de María. While Oliveros joined the order four years ago, she has only recently spoken about the decision.
"Being a model means being a benchmark, someone whose beliefs are worthy of being imitated, and I grew tired of being a model of superficiality.
"I want to be a model that promotes the true dignity of women and not their being used for commercial purposes," Oliveros says.
"I grew tired of a world of lies, appearances, falsity, hypocrisy and deception, a society full of anti-values that exalts violence, adultery, drugs, alcohol, fighting, and a world that exalts riches, pleasure, sexual immorality and fraud.
"I want to be a model that promotes the true dignity of women and not their being used for commercial purposes," she says.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for FEBRUARY 2017
Comfort for the Afflicted. That all those who are afflicted, especially the poor, refugees, and marginalized, may find welcome and comfort in our communities.
by Catholic Online
- Protesters gather to declare allegiance to Islam and hate toward ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, February 21, 2017
- 'I Am A Muslim Too': Angry protesters gather to declare allegiance to ...
- 31-year-old man regains life after 'miraculous' face transplant
- Innocent children forced into horrid orphanages and a life of terrorism
- St. Severian: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, February 21, 2017
- Massive storm threatens to flood more than just the Oroville Dam HD Video
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 20th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 19th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.