Pope Francis: 'Not every part of Christian life is a party.'
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
5/30/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Pope Francis took some time during his May 30 early morning mass from his residence at Domus Sanctae Marthae, to remind Christians, that even though Jesus promises the faithful great joy, life will not be all sunshine and roses.
Pope Francis discussed two types of sadness in his early morning mass.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - "We have to tell the truth: not every part of Christian life is a party. Not all of it!"
The Pope reminded the gathered that the joy provided by Jesus is the promise of a light at the end of the tunnel, and receiving the strength and hope to get through difficult times, including illness, family troubles, financial hardships
The Pope said that Christians will face "many problems, we have many. But Jesus tells us, 'Do not be afraid!'"
These problems may lead to grief, one which leads to despair, and another that is at peace with the joy of hope that Jesus provides. When people try to "buy joy, worldly happiness," they encounter "the sadness that happens to all of us," he said. "In the end, there is an emptiness in us, a sadness."
"This is the sadness of bad happiness," he said.
Pope Francis read from the Gospel of St. John (16:20-24) when Jesus told his disciples that the "will weep and mourn, while the world rejoices; you will grieve, but your grief will become joy."
It is through Christ alone that we can find this joy, he said. The joys that Christ provides can never be taken away, and can allow Christians to endure all of life's tragedies with a peaceful heart.
"If you are at peace, you have the seed of this joy that will come," he said. "Think about what comes after with the Lord; afterwards comes joy, after the darkness comes the sun."
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for SEPTEMBER 2017
Parishes. That our parishes, animated by a missionary spirit, may be places where faith is communicated and charity is seen.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- Daily Readings for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- Martyrs of Chalcedon: Saint of the Day for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD