Pope Francis: 'Not every part of Christian life is a party.'
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
5/30/2014 (2 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Pope Francis took some time during his May 30 early morning mass from his residence at Domus Sanctae Marthae, to remind Christians, that even though Jesus promises the faithful great joy, life will not be all sunshine and roses.
Pope Francis discussed two types of sadness in his early morning mass.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - "We have to tell the truth: not every part of Christian life is a party. Not all of it!"
The Pope reminded the gathered that the joy provided by Jesus is the promise of a light at the end of the tunnel, and receiving the strength and hope to get through difficult times, including illness, family troubles, financial hardships
The Pope said that Christians will face "many problems, we have many. But Jesus tells us, 'Do not be afraid!'"
These problems may lead to grief, one which leads to despair, and another that is at peace with the joy of hope that Jesus provides. When people try to "buy joy, worldly happiness," they encounter "the sadness that happens to all of us," he said. "In the end, there is an emptiness in us, a sadness."
"This is the sadness of bad happiness," he said.
Pope Francis read from the Gospel of St. John (16:20-24) when Jesus told his disciples that the "will weep and mourn, while the world rejoices; you will grieve, but your grief will become joy."
It is through Christ alone that we can find this joy, he said. The joys that Christ provides can never be taken away, and can allow Christians to endure all of life's tragedies with a peaceful heart.
"If you are at peace, you have the seed of this joy that will come," he said. "Think about what comes after with the Lord; afterwards comes joy, after the darkness comes the sun."
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for MAY 2017
Christians in Africa. That Christians in Africa, in imitation of the Merciful Jesus, may give prophetic witness to reconciliation, justice, and peace.
by Catholic Online
- 26 Coptic Christians BRUTALLY MURDERED on bus to St. Samuel Monastery ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, May 28, 2017
- First US female genital mutilation case tries to use Religious ...
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- Catholic Hostages: Filipino Cardinal prays for Islamic militants to ...
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- Bl. Margaret Pole: Saint of the Day for Sunday, May 28, 2017
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.