Pope Francis: 'Not every part of Christian life is a party.'
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
5/30/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Pope Francis took some time during his May 30 early morning mass from his residence at Domus Sanctae Marthae, to remind Christians, that even though Jesus promises the faithful great joy, life will not be all sunshine and roses.
Pope Francis discussed two types of sadness in his early morning mass.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - "We have to tell the truth: not every part of Christian life is a party. Not all of it!"
The Pope reminded the gathered that the joy provided by Jesus is the promise of a light at the end of the tunnel, and receiving the strength and hope to get through difficult times, including illness, family troubles, financial hardships
The Pope said that Christians will face "many problems, we have many. But Jesus tells us, 'Do not be afraid!'"
These problems may lead to grief, one which leads to despair, and another that is at peace with the joy of hope that Jesus provides. When people try to "buy joy, worldly happiness," they encounter "the sadness that happens to all of us," he said. "In the end, there is an emptiness in us, a sadness."
"This is the sadness of bad happiness," he said.
Pope Francis read from the Gospel of St. John (16:20-24) when Jesus told his disciples that the "will weep and mourn, while the world rejoices; you will grieve, but your grief will become joy."
It is through Christ alone that we can find this joy, he said. The joys that Christ provides can never be taken away, and can allow Christians to endure all of life's tragedies with a peaceful heart.
"If you are at peace, you have the seed of this joy that will come," he said. "Think about what comes after with the Lord; afterwards comes joy, after the darkness comes the sun."
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for JANUARY 2018
Religious Minorities in Asia. That Christians, and other religious minorities in Asian countries, may be able to practise their faith in full freedom.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 18th, 2018 HD Video
- Eminem speaks about his experience with abortion
- Annual National Prayer Service Unites Christians
- St. Anthony the Abbot: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- Now more than 215 million persecuted Christians worldwide
- CDC: Swine flu joining killer influenza outbreak, expected to become ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 HD
- Twitter Ban: Censorship on "a way of talking" -- does that include Christian speech? HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 16th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 15th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way