Teaching children morality through the Bible
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
5/16/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Children's minds are voracious in trying to understand the world around them. Many parents, busy trying to bring money into the household or to maintain their homes, leave their impressionable children to learn about the world gradually - letting them watch specific TV shows, or relying on the schools to help. A very important thing that is often left out is the moral teachings that the Bible gives us.
That old Sunday school standby, flannel graphs are also good to use, especially for young children.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Reading from the Bible daily to your children will instill in them strong moral character.
First and foremost, teaching moral and Christian values begins by setting a good example. Children will pay much more attention to what you do than what you say. If you want your children to be kind, generous and respectful, then you must be this way yourself. This is fundamental.
With Bible readings, you can teach your child is to have a personal relationship with Jesus. Even a two or three year old can accept Jesus. Explain to your child that Jesus loves them and wants to be their friend.
In helping with your child's religious instruction, choose a Bible book that is age appropriate and that will catch your child's interest. That old Sunday school standby, flannel graphs are also good to use, especially for young children.
There are also numerous books that promote good moral values and that are interesting and enjoyable at the same time. True life stories of famous people such as Florence Nightingale, Helen Keller and other real-life characters provide role models that your child can look up to. For younger children, choose simple stories that are not only easy to understand but also fun.
Having a wide variety of materials to choose from helps a lot. As the old saying goes, "variety is the spice of life."
Make sure that the Word of God is heard and read by the young --
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for JULY 2017
Lapsed Christians. That our brothers and sisters who have strayed from the faith, through our prayer and witness to the Gospel, may rediscover the merciful closeness of the Lord and the beauty of the Christian life.
by Catholic Online
- Two Catholic priests kidnapped after violent attack by 10 assailants
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 21st, 2017 HD Video
- Republicans: LEARN FROM THE VATICAN! Lock yourselves into a room and ...
- President Trump is working hard compared to his predecessors, so why ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- St. Margaret of Antioch: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD Video
- Why is Facebook censoring Catholic content? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 20th, 2017 HD
- The one nasty reason you can't take your kids to the park anymore HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 HD