Donate Bibles to America's service members
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
5/13/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Members of America's military are a rare breed of selfless and dedicated professionals. These brave men and women are often separated from family, friends and other loved ones, sometimes for years and are sometimes asked to do difficulty and terrible things for this great nation.
Donate a Bible to show military service members that you are thankful for their service.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - For this, often thankless, task, many are grateful. Why not show this gratitude by supporting our military forces and donating a Bible for a service member.
Too often we only think that the military needs physical protection, certainly physical armor can save lives, Kevlar can stop a bullet, helmets can catch shrapnel, but what about spiritual armor?
Our service members, whether veterans, reserves or active duty, can encounter issues that can lead down dark paths. The stress of combat, PTSD, or just being torn away from home and family can have a bad effect.
In this case, they may turn to God for comfort and guidance, and usually the military is quite adept at caring for the religious needs of service members, but sometimes that chaplain may not be there, or that soldier lost their bible prior to deployment.
At this point, a donated Bible would be welcome and could even mean the difference between life and death.
A donated Bible could mean even more. What better way is there to show a service member you are thinking about them, care about them-respect and honor their sacrifice, then by gifting a Bible.
Do your part to help the men and women of America's military.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for JUNE 2017
National Leaders. That national leaders may firmly commit themselves to ending the arms trade, which victimizes so many innocent people.
by Catholic Online
- Is Atheism a religion?
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Cyril of Alexandria: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD Video
- Supreme Court sides with church in playground case
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Vatican asks for the release of bishop forcibly removed from diocese
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD