Pope John Paul II could be recognized as a saint in record time
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
4/23/2013 (4 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Pope John Paul II could become a recognized saint in record time, less than eight years following his passage.
Pope John Paul II
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - It's been officially recognized: the Vatican's medical experts have approved a second miracle attributed to the intercession of Blessed John Paul II, a major step forward for his cause for canonization. Confirmed in high secrecy with the utmost confidentiality, a French nun's remarkable recovery from Parkinson's disease has been accepted by doctors as the first miracle attributable to the late pope.
According to information that has now been made public, Sister Marie Simon-Pierre, 48, said that in 2005, just following the passing of Pope John Paul II, she asked her sisters to pray on her behalf. She said she wrote the pope's name on a piece of paper and when she awoke the next morning, she was cured.
The vetting process was secret, but what we now know is that in January, Mgr. Slawomir Oder submitted a second case of miraculous healing to the Vatican. The Congregation of the Saints investigated.
Doctors from the Vatican gave a favorable first opinion and follow-up work revealed the healing to show every sign of being miraculous. There was no medical explanation and no medical intervention that could have caused the healing. the woman who received the healing hasn't yet been named.
Over the past several days, a council that includes Pope John Paul II former personal cardiologist, as well as personal physicians to Popes Benedict XVI and Francis, all gave favorable reviews after studying the newest records and reports in detail.
The consensus is that a second healing miracle has occurred and can be attributed to Karol Wojtyla, widely known as Pope John Paul II.
This is the second miracle that must occur before sainthood can be affirmed.
If the miracle is subsequently approved by the cardinals and bishops of the Congregation, then Pope John Paul II will be submitted to Pope Francis for canonization. This could occur as early as October.
If it does, then Pope John Paul II could be canonized on his feast day, which is October 22.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for AUGUST 2017
Artists. That artists of our time, through their ingenuity, may help everyone discover the beauty of creation.
by Catholic Online
- As terrorists attacked, one church opened its doors. Here's what ...
- Forget Winter, Recession is Coming
- In Barcelona, a church responded to a terrorist attack by opening its ...
- Archbishop reveals a surprise about Medjugorje HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- St. Bartholomew: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Priest admits to being former member of KKK, and speaks out about his ...
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD