Who dined upon nine-foot-long great white shark?
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
6/7/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
It's a mystery that has the world intrigued. A nine-foot-long female shark, tagged and monitored by Australian scientist, was swallowed whole and devoured. Authorities are at a loss as to explain as to what the shark - dubbed "Alpha Shark," was consumed by.
Something ate this shark -- but what?
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The scientists tagged the shark as part of program to track these animals. Four months later they found the tracking device washed up on a beach. Something, something really big, had devoured this apex predator. Discovered by a beach comber about two-and-a-half miles from where the shark was originally tagged by a beachcomber, the question arises -- What creature could have consumed such ferocious prey?
When the scientists reviewed the recovered device, they found a rapid temperature rise - from the mid-40s to the high-70s - and a 1,900-foot change in depth. Both can be explained by the animal "living" within the stomach of something much larger. To date, this is all the information scientists have.
What sea creature is capable of ingesting a nine-foot shark? The question continues to perplex many --
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for JUNE 2017
National Leaders. That national leaders may firmly commit themselves to ending the arms trade, which victimizes so many innocent people.
More than 500 earthquakes have hit Yellowstone as the supervolcano under the park recharges with magma. The recent spate of quakes, which ... continue reading
Has DWR missed for over 40 years the accumulation of mud, debris, and silt that ended up jamming a Radial Gate? For many years ... continue reading
A massive heatwave is baking the American southwest with temperatures across the region spiking above 110 degrees and even 120 degrees in ... continue reading
Further research into the San Andreas fault has revealed the fault is capable of producing a more powerful quake than predicted. With the ... continue reading
Millions of Americans plan to view the August 21, total solar eclipse which will sweep across the nation from Oregon to South Carolina. But ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- How a Catholic should deal with Tinder and other dating apps
- Daily Readings for Sunday, June 25, 2017
- The end of the farm as we know it has arrived - here's how we're ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Half-Man-Half-Beast sent by the Devil' sparks fear in South African ...
- St. William of Vercelli: Saint of the Day for Sunday, June 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD