Who dined upon nine-foot-long great white shark?
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
6/7/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
It's a mystery that has the world intrigued. A nine-foot-long female shark, tagged and monitored by Australian scientist, was swallowed whole and devoured. Authorities are at a loss as to explain as to what the shark - dubbed "Alpha Shark," was consumed by.
Something ate this shark -- but what?
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The scientists tagged the shark as part of program to track these animals. Four months later they found the tracking device washed up on a beach. Something, something really big, had devoured this apex predator. Discovered by a beach comber about two-and-a-half miles from where the shark was originally tagged by a beachcomber, the question arises -- What creature could have consumed such ferocious prey?
When the scientists reviewed the recovered device, they found a rapid temperature rise - from the mid-40s to the high-70s - and a 1,900-foot change in depth. Both can be explained by the animal "living" within the stomach of something much larger. To date, this is all the information scientists have.
What sea creature is capable of ingesting a nine-foot shark? The question continues to perplex many --
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for AUGUST 2017
Artists. That artists of our time, through their ingenuity, may help everyone discover the beauty of creation.
Scientists make a scary discovery in Antarctica that could explain why the ice is melting from underneath Watch
Scientists have been baffled at the melting in Antarctica, observing that much of it is happening under the ice sheets. Global warming has ... continue reading
Did you know California is in danger from 20 volcanoes? Scientists are warning we need to monitor these locations... Watch
Volcanologists are issuing a warning to Californians, that volcanoes pose a threat across the entire state. They are meeting today in ... continue reading
Forget North Korea, forget the zombie apocalypse. THIS is the greatest threat the world faces today Watch
As the world concerns itself with North Korea and terrorism, there is a greater threat lurking all around us, climate change. According to ... continue reading
Scientists have made a terrible discovery in the South Pacific between South America and Easter Island. The South Pacific is home to a ... continue reading
The Perseid meteor shower will peak between the nights of August 11 and 12 this year (2017), and will make a nice consolation for those who ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Sunday, August 20, 2017
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD Video
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug ...
- Mother shares heartbreaking photo of her dying daughter as she pulls ...
- New Jersey Mayor dismantles shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe
- St. Bernard of Clairvaux: Saint of the Day for Sunday, August 20, 2017
- Pope Francis calls for prayers following terror attacks in Spain, Finland
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 20th, 2017 HD
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ill Charlie HD