SEVEN Very Important Reasons to Ditch Diet Soda NOW!
I am one of your die-hard diet soda drinkers; I love my Diet Coke. I do not drink one every day, but almost every day. Here are some startling facts I think you should know about.
Drinking diet soda is very unhealthy for you.
Published in Blog
Keywords: diet, soda, coke, sugar, diabetes, kidney failure, weight gain, soda, diet soda, aspertame, metabolic syndrome, dental erosion, depression, sugar addiction, carbohydrates, craving, caffeine, diuretic, migrane, memory loss, insomnia, fatigue, anxiety
LOS ANGELES, CA (Rise Above Health Blog) - After doing my research I will not drink my diet Coke ever again.
1. According to a Harvard Medical School study, drinking diet soda daily is associated with a twofold-increased risk of KIDNEY DECLINE.
2. Sipping more than a diet soda a day could increase you risk of STROKE AND HEART ATTACK by 43%.
3. Diet soda is linked to a 34% higher risk of METABOLIC SYNDROME, the group of symptoms that include belly fat and high cholesterol that puts you a risk of heart disease. Studies have shown that diet soda can actually cause weight gain. In a recent study, 48% of diet soda drinkers showed an increase in metabolic syndrome - leading to significant weight gain.
4. Research has linked the acidity in diet soda to DENTAL EROSION.
There is nothing good about diet sodas.
5. The American Academy of Neurology, warns that drinking four or more cans of soda per day increases your risk by 30% of suffering from DEPRESSION. Aspartame and saccharine risks are many, these sweeteners found in diet soda, are considered by the US Food and Drug Administration to be safe for consumption. However, they do acknowledge that these artificial sweeteners have been linked to a number of side effects, such as dizziness, migraines, memory loss, diarrhea and mood swings.
6. SUGAR ADDICTION is a huge problem even though diet sodas boast of having no sugar at all, while still having the same sweet taste. But our brains think that we are drinking something sweet, and our bodies know that we are not. The chemicals that trick your brain will trigger your body to start craving for sweet things. You will find yourself reaching for cupcakes or potato chips and frequently craving carbohydrates.
7. Caffeine is a diuretic, so while you may think you're quenching your thirst with the soda, you are in fact losing more fluids. Caffeine is also a highly addictive substance that has been linked to INSOMNIA, ANXIETY DISORDERS AND FATIGUE.
8. Decreased Libido is linked to drinking all soda's including diet. Aspartame can inhibit serotonin and causes headaches, depression, irritability, anxiety attacks, insomnia. Serotonin is considered a "feel good" hormone and without sufficient supplies of this, mood and libido could suffer." It is proven that aspartame can affect the neurotransmitter dopamine, which is necessary in the proper amounts for normal sexual behavior.
Now I am not suggesting that the occasional diet soda will hurt you, or for you to go out and drink the sugar laden regular sodas [please see my blog on sodas}, but I am suggesting that we be aware of what we are putting into our bodies, and what it does to us.
My Tip of the Day: Loosing 5% of your body weight can lower your risk of developing diabetes by up to 70%.
I believe that Faith can move mountains.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for OCTOBER 2017
Workers and the Unemployed. That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.
Do I have a daily devotional time? Do I realize how important it is? Those are good questions to ask. We have all heard of the ... continue reading
There is currently an appeal at Catholic Online for donations to a religious freedom fund. People should give and understand why this ... continue reading
On September 11th and the immediate calendar pages to follow there were appointments to keep, needs to tend to and goals to meet creating ... continue reading
Always a Reason for Hope Watch
When we look at hope through the eyes of our own humanness, it is easy to see it simply as optimism... a positive attitude. Yet through the ... continue reading
We live in a very individualistic world today. While individuality is important and necessary, we've pushed this concept so far to the ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, November 23, 2017
- Will the Big One hit California in 2018? A new study suggests it is ...
- Quotes of the Saints - Five saints have a message for you on this ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Bl. Miguel Pro: Saint of the Day for Thursday, November 23, 2017
- Priest: Adoration has made Juarez safer
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Will 2018 be the year the Big One hits California? The news media makes a shocking claim HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, November 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, November 24th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way