SEVEN Very Important Reasons to Ditch Diet Soda NOW!
I am one of your die-hard diet soda drinkers; I love my Diet Coke. I do not drink one every day, but almost every day. Here are some startling facts I think you should know about.
Drinking diet soda is very unhealthy for you.
Published in Blog
Keywords: diet, soda, coke, sugar, diabetes, kidney failure, weight gain, soda, diet soda, aspertame, metabolic syndrome, dental erosion, depression, sugar addiction, carbohydrates, craving, caffeine, diuretic, migrane, memory loss, insomnia, fatigue, anxiety
LOS ANGELES, CA (Rise Above Health Blog) - After doing my research I will not drink my diet Coke ever again.
1. According to a Harvard Medical School study, drinking diet soda daily is associated with a twofold-increased risk of KIDNEY DECLINE.
2. Sipping more than a diet soda a day could increase you risk of STROKE AND HEART ATTACK by 43%.
3. Diet soda is linked to a 34% higher risk of METABOLIC SYNDROME, the group of symptoms that include belly fat and high cholesterol that puts you a risk of heart disease. Studies have shown that diet soda can actually cause weight gain. In a recent study, 48% of diet soda drinkers showed an increase in metabolic syndrome - leading to significant weight gain.
4. Research has linked the acidity in diet soda to DENTAL EROSION.
There is nothing good about diet sodas.
5. The American Academy of Neurology, warns that drinking four or more cans of soda per day increases your risk by 30% of suffering from DEPRESSION. Aspartame and saccharine risks are many, these sweeteners found in diet soda, are considered by the US Food and Drug Administration to be safe for consumption. However, they do acknowledge that these artificial sweeteners have been linked to a number of side effects, such as dizziness, migraines, memory loss, diarrhea and mood swings.
6. SUGAR ADDICTION is a huge problem even though diet sodas boast of having no sugar at all, while still having the same sweet taste. But our brains think that we are drinking something sweet, and our bodies know that we are not. The chemicals that trick your brain will trigger your body to start craving for sweet things. You will find yourself reaching for cupcakes or potato chips and frequently craving carbohydrates.
7. Caffeine is a diuretic, so while you may think you're quenching your thirst with the soda, you are in fact losing more fluids. Caffeine is also a highly addictive substance that has been linked to INSOMNIA, ANXIETY DISORDERS AND FATIGUE.
8. Decreased Libido is linked to drinking all soda's including diet. Aspartame can inhibit serotonin and causes headaches, depression, irritability, anxiety attacks, insomnia. Serotonin is considered a "feel good" hormone and without sufficient supplies of this, mood and libido could suffer." It is proven that aspartame can affect the neurotransmitter dopamine, which is necessary in the proper amounts for normal sexual behavior.
Now I am not suggesting that the occasional diet soda will hurt you, or for you to go out and drink the sugar laden regular sodas [please see my blog on sodas}, but I am suggesting that we be aware of what we are putting into our bodies, and what it does to us.
My Tip of the Day: Loosing 5% of your body weight can lower your risk of developing diabetes by up to 70%.
I believe that Faith can move mountains.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for MAY 2017
Christians in Africa. That Christians in Africa, in imitation of the Merciful Jesus, may give prophetic witness to reconciliation, justice, and peace.
A Blueprint For Peace Watch
Practical Christian living requires all of us to try our level best to take the high road at all times, regardless of the challenges or ... continue reading
God gives mothers whatever good they ask for their children. Why? Because they are humble. They are living signs of humility and only the ... continue reading
This post, being written during the Easter season, will be a reflection and compilation of discussions about the historicity of Jesus ... continue reading
Resurrection Day! Watch
Jesus Christ is risen!Easter is the greatest and oldest Christian feast. It is the Feast of Feasts, and it is the holiest day of the year ... continue reading
Especially at Easter, it is vitally important to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior. As people of the cross, ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- US Archbishop decries President Trump's budget plan - at odds with ...
- Jesus Is HERE: Pope Francis declares Jesus intercedes for us every day
- St. Maximinus of Trier: Saint of the Day for Monday, May 29, 2017
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- Getting Creative With Dead Bodies?
- Daily Readings for Monday, May 29, 2017
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.