Parents, Are You Right all of the Time?
My children know I make mistakes.
Parents want to be right all the time, especially in front of their children. The question is, "Are parents really right?" Here is a personal viewpoint on this topic.
The only consolation is that I don't have to be right every time for someone to know I love and care for them. I am a concerned and engaged parent. If I didn't care I would be indifferent - and I am not that. My children know I love them, they also know I am not right all the time, just like none of us are. We are all human, and that's OK. It's good for my children to see my mistakes as well as see some humility on my part. I've always told them not to think so highly of themselves, because there is always somebody bigger, stronger, faster and smarter.
There are also a lot of things I've been right about. The only reason why I know this is because my oldest daughter said so. She was a normal teenager who thought I was wrong about EVERYTHING! When she was 22 she cornered me and said, "Dad, you were right". Taken aback, I asked about what. She told me, "Everything!" So, as my head started to swell, my humility kicked back in and I thought about the probability of me being wrong many times to come.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
Web site to inspire others in facing thier day.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Blog News
- God Wants you to Visit The Imprisoned!
- What Love is This? What is my Faith?
- Generosity of Heart, Children Learn by Example. Teach Them Well.
- Have You Ever Thought You Should Write a Book about Your Life?
- A Catholic Education is the Right Education!
- What a Wedding! Jesus Performed his First Miracle!
- This Thanksgiving, Who and What are You Thankful For?
- Jesus Reveals Himself as the Living Water of which One will Never Thirst.
- Slow Down and SEE the People you Come in Contact with Each Day!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?