Start With Yourself
Do you ever find yourself completely frustrated? Frustrated with your circumstances? Frustrated with the people around you? Frustrated with your job? Frustrated with the government? Frustrated with any number of things?
Frustration usually coaxes us into looking outside of ourselves at all of the people and things appearing to be 'wrong' by our personal measure. It's easy for us to point fingers and place blame on those around us. From our point-of-view, it's usually the 'other people' that have gone awry.
~Father Joe McMahon~
The next time you feel this frustration boiling up, I challenge you. I challenge you to swallow your pride and pinpoint the source of frustration. Start with yourself. I'm willing to bet the source is coming from within. We tend to be on edge when we are out of spiritual alignment. That is the way the devil works on us. Slowly and slightly. Chipping away at our goodness one piece at a time.
We must humble ourselves in order to counteract a slow decline. We must strengthen our prayer life and walk hand in hand with our Lord. We must stop blaming the other people and begin to work on ourselves.
Click here to learn about our Saint Michael the Archangel conference this Nov 1-3!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Blog News
- Deep Reading; There are a lot of ways to come to Scripture.
- Mr. Sandman, bring me a...Nightmare?
- Ten Easy Secrets to Staying Young and Living Longer.
- It was Different back then, Dad!
- Beware...Teenagers in the House!
- Can You See your Faith through Wispy Clouds?
- Let This be the Year that you Claim Advent for the Season of Hope and Expectation that It is!
- Advent is a time of joyful anticipation.
- Just Picture Yourself in a Quiet Church, Now ponder Jesus, the Good Shepherd.
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?