What's your opinion of the movie 'Noah'? Watch, then share your thoughts with us
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
3/28/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
The movie "Noah" is opening in theaters across the country today and a number of Catholics have strong feelings about the movie with some declaring they will not watch it. Of course, the movie Noah is a Hollywood production and it promises to be both entertaining and thought-provoking, no matter what some naysayers proclaim.
The movie 'Noah' opens today.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Before we judge a thing, it is important we measure it for ourselves. The movie "Noah" is no exception.
The Hollywood epic is based on the story of "Noah" in the Bible although there is controversy surrounding the accuracy of its content. This should not come as a surprise because the movie is a Hollywood production. We have only a few paragraphs of sacred scripture from which to weave an entire epic production. Some license must be taken for the film to pass Hollywood muster.
Despite the license, the movie does refer people to the book of Genesis where the actual, Biblical story of Noah can be read. Furthermore, the movie is certain to generate interest and conversations about the story of Noah and its meaning to us as Christians today.
Can anything that stimulates conversation about God necessarily be bad?
Catholic Online invites your opinion, but first we encourage you to see the movie, then share your views with us in the comments below. Did the movie make you think about God? Is your relationship with God built up by your experience?
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for SEPTEMBER 2017
Parishes. That our parishes, animated by a missionary spirit, may be places where faith is communicated and charity is seen.
What children read, what they see on the screen, can inspire them toward greater faithfulness. Conversely, Father Robert warns, it can lead ... continue reading
Ever felt like there is nothing worthwhile to watch? You might want to check out the Vatican's list of 'Some Important Films'.In 1995, Pope ... continue reading
Desperate to remain relevant and make money, the movie industry is preparing to release a smutty film about lesbian nuns with mystical ... continue reading
This summer some pretty amazing movies are going to hit theaters, so which ones are YOU excited about? LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - ... continue reading
From the Norbertines of St. Michael's Abbey and Chuck Kinnane, director of The Human Experience, Child 31, and Generation Hope, comes a new ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis asks the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe following ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD Video
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, September 22, 2017
- With so many earthquakes, is California next?
- St. Thomas of Villanueva: Saint of the Day for Friday, September 22, 2017
- We have unmasked the, foul-mouthed, liberal hypocrite Lawrence ...
- Terrifying earthquake collapses buildings in Mexico City, hundreds dead HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, September 22nd, 2017 HD
- Officials warn, 'evacuate or die' as Maria churns towards Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 21st, 2017 HD