New Snowden Interview: NSA uses information for its economic advantage
First interview with Snowden since he left Hong Kong
a new interview with national Security Agency whistle-blower Edward
Snowden, he reveals that the agency uses data it collect for economic -
as well as security reasons. The interview, to be broadcast on German
TV, will be the first such interview since Snowden left Hong Kong.
Conducted by a journalist for NDR, the bureau is a regional chain belonging to the broadcaster that has analyzed secret documents that Snowden leaked to journalists. The chain in Moscow filmed the interview with Snowden.
Join the fight against world hunger -- by going here --
On its Web site, NDR said that Snowden assured he was no longer in possession of any confidential documents. All of the data has since been handed out to handpicked journalists. The former NSA contractor said he no longer wants, or is able to take part in any future revelations.
Snowden will also address \"his personal path\" to leaking the information, in addition to his consequences of his revelations about NSA surveillance programs.
The 30-year-old Snowden fled the U.S. in May of last year after revealing that his government was collecting telephone data from millions of U.S. citizens, monitoring vast amounts of private Internet traffic and eavesdropping on the conversations of both friends and foes alike.
In a question-and-answer session on the \"Free Snowden\" website last week, Snowden ruled out returning to the U.S., where he said there was no chance of a free trial.
US Attorney General Eric Holder has said he was unlikely to consider clemency for Snowden.
Pope Francis calls for your \'prayer and action\'...
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Pimps, traffickers, sex workers and child pornography offenders reveal underground sex network
- Brothers in Arms: St Benedict and St Francis.
- Polish Bishops and Pope Francis Expose the Gender Identity Movement
- Deal Hudson on the Creed: What Kind of One is 'One God'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?