$540.6 million in government grants awarded to Planned Parenthood last year
Report lists '10 History making Moments' of the past year
Forty-five percent of Planned Parenthood's funding last year, $540.6 million was provided by taxpayer-funded government health services grants. Overall, Planned Parenthood's net revenue increased five percent to a total of $1.21 billion in 2013. In the recently released report, Planned Parenthood says the fiscal year that ended on Sept. 30, 2012, 327,166 abortions were performed.
Cecile Richards, President of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund.
"We are the most effective advocate in the country for policies that protect access to safe and legal abortion and advance women's health, actively lobbying in every state legislature ." the 2012-2013 report states on its second page.
Learn about Ultrasound 3D/4D machine by going here --
The organization's affiliates spent $26 million on public policy this past year, while the national office spent $31.3 million on building "advocacy capacity."
The Affordable Care Act, more commonly known as Obamacare, requires mandatory coverage be made available for contraception, abortifacient drugs and sterilizations. This fact is celebrated throughout the annual report as "a historic advance for women's health."
Planned Parenthood is "making sure [the Act's] promise is realized in people's lives. We are investing in technology to reach a whole new generation, both with health care and opportunities for activism," the letter from Planned Parenthood's Chair Alexis McGill Johnson and President Cecile Richards states.
Planned Parenthood's national office spent $3.2 million to "refresh our brand." Part of that brand "refresh" included working with major television programs and media outlets "such as Girls and Cosmopolitan to promote our brand and cover our issues," the report states.
The report's "10 History-Making Moments," celebrates the NBC series "Parenthood" for depicting "the first abortion on a major network entertainment program in years."
Other "history-making" moments the organization highlighted include the "largest gender gap ever recorded" in "the presidential election and in key state elections."
Other events cited with delight included the ACA's contraception mandate, Wendy Davis' filibuster in Texas which was in support of partial birth abortion and California passing a law that allows non-physicians to provide abortions.
Planned Parenthood is built on a lie. They dress themselves up as a Health Care Provider and include the taking of the lives of innocent children in the womb as a "service" under their offering of "reproductive services". Their web site tells visitors they are "America's most trusted provider of reproductive health care". Really? Ask the victims. Sorry, you can't.
Planned Parenthood has insinuated itself into the global delivery of "medical services" and receive massive government funding as this latest report confirms. Included in these purported "medical services" is the intentional killing of children in the womb by abortion. Now, the Obama Administration is funding them with our tax dollars.
Planned Parenthood continues to pull off a ruse on the American public. A ruse is an action intended to deceive. They dress themselves up as a "Health Care Provider" and include deliberately taking the life of children as a service under their definition of "reproductive services".
There is nothing reproductive about abortion. The taking of innocent human life is not health care. It is certainly not a service to the child, the mother, the father or society. It never serves the common good.
Having tax money, extracted from citizens who adamantly oppose the taking of innocent human life through abortion as well as providing abortifacient chemical contraception and sterilization, used to such intrinsically evil ends is reprehensible.
Directing public monies, tax dollars, to assist in such evil ends by funding Planned Parenthood is an abomination.
Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action'...
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- 'Ag gag' bill passes in Idaho; filming at farms now prohibited
- Man becomes first married Catholic priest in the United States with Vatican blessing
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?