MAJOR EXPANSION: Ford company to release 23 new models in 2014
Iconic American car maker will also add 11,000 jobs in the coming year
While the redesigned Ford Mustang is gathering a lot of excitement currently, the iconic American car maker has since announced that they will be offering 23 brand new models in the coming year. Ford also plans to add 5,000 jobs in the U.S. and another 6,000 abroad, while opening three assembly plants.
While the redesigned Ford Mustang is gathering a lot of excitement currently, the iconic American car maker has since announced that they will be offering 23 brand new models in the coming year.
The 2014 roll-out will include more product launches "than in any other year in our history," Hinrichs said.
Hinrichs declined at the meeting to discuss the new products in detail. There have been allusions to what these models may be . in addition to the redesigned Mustang, the Ford Edge and Lincoln MKC crossovers, there will be a Super Duty version of its F-Series pickup.
Insiders say that Ford may also unveil a brand new version of its light-duty F-Series truck before the end of 2014.
Ford intends to build product momentum in the New Year. Ford will be directly challenging major rivals such as General Motors and Toyota. Toyota has been beating Ford in retail volume.
Ford Motors took a week of downtime this month at its Fusion sedan plant, in spite of increased demand for the midsize model.
Ford has added 14,000 U.S. jobs over the last two years. Of the planned additional 5,000 new workers in 2014, 3,300 of these will be salaried positions, many in research and development.
Four hundred of those will be dedicated to power train development, with 100 focusing on battery-based technology. Since the U.S. and other key markets are drastically reducing emissions and mileage standards, this could be a make-or-break proposition for car makers.
Two of its three new assembly plants will be in China. The automaker was relatively late to enter that market, especially compared with GM and German rival Volkswagen. The hard work and expansion has paid off for Ford as there was a 50 percent bump in sales this year.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- 'Ag gag' bill passes in Idaho; filming at farms now prohibited
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?