New Mexico judge issues activist ruling so stunning even advocates are stunned
New Mexico marriage falls prey to another activist judge
A New Mexico judge has singlehandedly 'legalized' homosexual marriage in that state following the Supreme Court ruling that overturned the Defense of Marriage Act. Homosexual marriages are now taking place across the state.
Never mind this changes the fundamental definition of marriage.
The ruling is incredibly broad and sweeping and legalizes in one stroke all homosexual marriage in the state. Even advocates are stunned.
Following that ruling, the county clerk's office in Santa Fe began issuing the licenses to same-sex couples.
New Mexico is one state that has never adopted legislation to protect marriage as between one man and one woman. Even as the latest homosexual activist offensive against the social order began several years ago, the state never moved to protect marriage. The result, this ruling now gives a legal equivalency between true marriages and homosexual relationships by a kind of judicial fiat.
The decision from the judge is extremely broad. It goes beyond what even advocates for same-sex marriage expected. Laura Schauer Ives, a ACLU lawyer, said the ruling was "monumental," and that the group had not expected it.
This is judicial activism at its worst.
"We were stunned and amazed," Ives said of the decision.
The judge issued his ruling in a case where a lesbian couple demanded recognition of their relationship as one of the pair lay in the hospital with cancer. In that case, cancer survivor Jen Roper claimed to have been married to Angelique Neuman, following a civil ceremony in a Santa Fe hospital. Their civil ceremony was presided over by a district judge. Their case was joined with those of five other lesbian couples also seeking to compel the state to recognize their marriages.
While it is unmistakable that these individuals have deep seated feelings for one another, it must also be recognized that those feelings are grounded in a disordered sexual appetite and should never be equated to the genuine institution of marriage, which can only occur between one man and one woman.
This is the definition of marriage. It has been accepted cross culturally. It is rooted in the Natural Law. And, it has been taught as such by most major religious traditions.
It is clearly taught in the Jewish and Christian tradition which formed the backdrop of Western civilization. It has always been taught by the Church and has been the only definition of marriage recognized.
The notion of same-sex marriage is a modern contrivance as activist, practicing homosexuals seek to divert attention from their disordered sexual practices and compel society to recognize their relationships as an acceptable alternative on the same level as a real marriage.
This is the first step of a larger, radical agenda. It is expected that over time all fifty states will compel us all to recognize homosexual marriage or face the consequences. However, this will not be the end of the issue - just the beginning of new ones yet unimagined.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?