Check out this super-cool thing former President H.W. Bush just did!
Former President shows support for child leukemia patient.
Former President, George H.W. Bush has a new haircut. Or perhaps we should say no hair at all, after he shaved his head to show solidarity with a child who is fighting leukemia.
In a show of Presidential support, Bush had his head shaved as well. It may be one of the coolest things ever done by President Bush since he left office in 1993.
President Bush and his wife Barbara also made a donation to the child via a website launched by the Bush Protective Division.
The two-year-old boy, named Patrick, recently started losing his hair as his treatments begin.
The family surname is being withheld by request.
According to a press release issued by Bush's spokesman, the Bush family has personal experience with leukemia. George and Barbara lost their second child at the age of four to the disease 60 years ago.
President Bush's haircut is gathering national attention with former President Clinton tweeting about it on Wednesday night.
A picture on the website, "Patrick's Pals" shows the Bush security details with shaved heads. A variety of fundraising events is planned to support Patrick and according to the website, his prognosis is "very positive."
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- HHS Mandate News: Priests for Life to Have its Day in Court!
- How Many Loaves Do You Have? Living the Miracle of the Loaves Today
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?