Recognize freedom this Independence day
Don't support those who seek to redefine freedom
Happy Independence day! This a good time to pause and actually reflect on the nature of our freedom. It is also a good time to reflect how freedom is being redefined.
It is hot, you have some days off. There is planning for your Fourth of July celebration. Have to get to the market and buy the party goods.This is the time to exercise your Catholic Voice.
As you prepare to celebrate Independence day you have the ability to make your statement. Become a Conscious Patron. Let your spending be your voice. Be conscious of who you give your money too. Do not give your money to companies that support causes that are contrary to your religious beliefs. It is that easy.
The companies you sponsor with your spending do not have to be aligned with your beliefs, but you should not give your hard earned money to a company that sponsors events that are contrary to your beliefs.
Catholic Online has compiled a short list of companies that sponsored the San Francisco Pride parade this past weekend. Review the list and as you make your purchases to celebrate Independence Day, become a Conscious Patron and align your spending with your beliefs. Let your spending be your voice. As people note a change in your spending pattern, your brand of beer, etc - take the opportunity to share the reason for change and create more Conscious Patrons.
Share this message with your family, friends and neighbors.
List of San Francisco Gay Pride Parade Sponsors:
Bank of America
Bank of the West
Bud Light Lime
Joie de vivre
KOFY TV20 Cable 13
Pacific Gas and Electric
San Francisco Toyota Scion
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- 'Ag gag' bill passes in Idaho; filming at farms now prohibited
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?