Agents think they'll find out what happened to Jimmy Hoffa - after 40 years
Suspicious concrete slab found in Oakland Township
Former Teamsters chief Jimmy Hoffa mysteriously disappeared in 1975. It was largely believed that he was the victim of foul play. Federal agents now say that they are about to crack one of America's biggest unsolved mysteries, with the discovery of a suspicious concrete slab found in Oakland Township, Michigan.
Former Teamsters chief Jimmy Hoffa mysteriously disappeared in 1975. It was largely believed that he was the victim of foul play. Federal agents now say that they are about to crack one of America's biggest unsolved mysteries.
What prompts the recent investigation comes in the wake of extensive FBI interviews with former mobster, 85-year-old Tony Zerilli, who was convicted of being a reputed mafia captain. In prison on July, 30 1975, when Hoffa disappeared from a Bloomfield Township restaurant, Zerilli says he was informed about Hoffa's whereabouts after his release.
Second in command with the Detroit mafia, Zerilli says he was told by a mafia enforcer that Hoffa was abducted, killed, and brought to the Buhl Road site. The plan was to bury Hoffa there temporarily, then later move his body near a hunting lodge in northern Michigan.
Investigators this week focused on the property in northern Oakland County - which was once owned by Betty Speezie's aunt. "It's all gone now, but there was a house, a milk house, a barn and a garage," Speezie told reporters.
"It was pretty dilapidated looking, it wasn't well cared for," a neighbor added.
Speezie believes the theory, as her aunt sold the property to the Tocco's, another mobster family. "After my aunt sold it then, she didn't know anything about the mob, I mean, they were just people who had the money, it was for sale, and she sold it to them," she said.
Speezie thinks investigators should also focus on. "The barn. They could have gone right around to the back, backed right up there and it was dirt, inside the barn, it was dirt on this side," she said. "Nobody would have known a thing, it would be very secretive."
The search is expected to resume this week.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- To Bill O'Reilly - Phil Robertson Was Quoting St Paul! Ignorance of Scripture is Ignorance of Christ
- Duck Dynasty and the GQ Interview of Phil Robertson: Rejecting Political Correctness
- Fr. Frank Pavone: We Will Obey God Rather Than Men. We Will Not Obey the HHS Mandate
- Ninety percent of Americans will celebrate Christmas this year - even 80 percent of non-Christians
- Portraits of Lee and Jackson taken down at college, high school renamed
- The unrelenting 'Gay Mafia' has bullied A&E into suspending 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- Archbishop Nienstedt Voluntary Steps Aside After Allegation, Claims it is Absolutely and Entirely False
- Here Comes Polygamy: Utah Federal Judge Strikes Down Much of the Prohibition against Polygamy
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?