Dzhokhar Tsarnaev communicating with authorities, what inspired them to bomb innocents?
Something or someone had to influence them.
Possibly the last surviving Boston Bomber is talking to authorities by nodding his head to simple questions, sources confirmed Monday. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, remains in serious condition at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
The other suspect, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, died after a shootout with police in which his brother allegedly struck him with a hijacked vehicle. Tamerlan died in an area hospital on Friday.
Tsarnaev is being asked several questions, although it's unclear what those questions are. Investigators are asking questions a few hours apart, as his condition allows. It is thought they are basic questions looking to ensure that there is no further danger to the public. The suspect is answering the questions in the presence of doctors, but has no formal legal representation as of yet.
The younger Tsarnaev is unable to speak because of what is thought to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the neck.
Authorities do not believe an immediate danger exists.
What we have learned about the Tsarnaev brothers is that they were Muslims extremists of Chechen background. They were not always this way, but became so over the past few years. Why they took to extremism, and who taught them their radical views remains to be seem.
The elder Tsarnaev, Tamerlan, was actually kicked out of his mosque when earlier in the year he criticized the imam for holding Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. as an example. Tamerlan made a surprising vocal protest which resulted in his removal.
It is obvious that the brothers were influenced by someone and something, however authorities have not said if they have any idea who or what. It is known the younger Tsarnaev viewed videos that depicted the violence in Chechnya. It is unclear if YouTube videos would be sufficient to inspire two brothers to bomb innocent civilians half-a-world away.
Somehow, they were pointed towards, or taught how to build a pressure-cooker bomb, a device commonly used in Afghanistan.
With that mystery afoot, it is obvious that this investigation is only beginning.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- 'Ag gag' bill passes in Idaho; filming at farms now prohibited
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?