REPORT: BOMBING SUSPECTS DEVOUT MUSLIMS
Suspect No.1 previously identified self as Muslim to reporter.
According to an earlier sports news report, the Boston marathon bombing suspects were devout Muslims, which could hint at a religious motive for terrorism. Tamerlan Tsarnaev was photographed during a sports interview. He was a boxer. Tamerlain was killed on Thursday night in a shootout.
The story, "Will Box For Passport" by Hirn shows Tamerlan in various poses as he trains for a boxing match. Tamerlan participated in the Golden Gloves competition where he represented New England. He was defeated during the tournament.
Tamerlan also told Hirn, "I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them."
According to Hirn, Tamerlain had already lived in the United States for five years, fleeing violence in his home country and arriving in the U.S. as a refugee. He was studying to become an engineer.
In another caption, Hirn wrote this: "Tamerlan says he doesn't drink or smoke anymore: 'God said no alcohol.' A muslim, he says: 'There are no values anymore,' and worries that 'people can't control themselves.'"
You can view the photo gallery and read the captions here.
Tamerlan Tsarnev, 26, was killed last night in a shootout with police. He was identified in photographs as a prime suspect in the Boston marathon bombings. At the time of his death, he was attempting to flee with his brother and was reportedly wearing a suicide vest.
At this time, his brother, Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, is suspect No. 2, and he has also been identified in images from the bombing. Police have surrounded a neighborhood in Watertown, Mass., and are hoping to take him alive to obtain answers as to why the brothers lost control of themselves and went on a murderous spree-that as of this moment, may not have ended.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- HHS Mandate News: Priests for Life to Have its Day in Court!
- How Many Loaves Do You Have? Living the Miracle of the Loaves Today
- If Detroit declares bankruptcy - what then?
- United States teens still lagging behind their global friends in education
- A Thanksgiving Day Reflection on the Goodness of America
- Thanksgiving: We Must Become Again a People of Thanksgiving, Love and Light
- Black Friday, immoral and oppressive? How about - a RIP-OFF as well?
- Obama decide cierre de embajada de EEUU en el Vaticano: Muestra 'antipatía' hacia católicos
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?