Man on rooftop goes viral after marathon bombing
Taken by spectator, photo shows male figure without emotion standing above detonation
A photograph taken by Boston Marathon bombing witness Dan Lampariello shows what appears to be a male figure walking on the roof of a building near the site of the second bomb. The figure appears to be without emotion as he looks down into the chaos below, and the picture has gone quickly viral on the Internet.
A photograph taken by Boston Marathon bombing witness Dan Lampariello shows what appears to be a male figure walking on the roof of a building near the site of the second bomb.
In the photo, fire and a cloud of smoke can be seen near the finish line where the second bomb went off. In the upper left hand side of the photo, a man can be seen atop a building nearby the explosion, Yahoo!'s The Lookout notes.
The mysterious man on the rooftop during the second explosion has Twitter buzzing with speculation.
One of the first accounts to feature the figure was @Fraank_Oceaan, a parody Twitter for singer Frank Ocean. The post has since been re-tweeted more than 2,200 times.
According to Yahoo News, the phrase "Boston Marathon roof" was trending on Twitter.
"Who's the guy on the roof? He's not reacting to the detonation," one Twitter user posted.
"What is this thing about some guy on a roof? Mystery man? I bet that's the guy!" another user wrote.
It must be noted that the identity of the figure has not yet been identified, nor is it clear if he had anything to do with the terror attack. But the image has some people spooked.
"That man on the roof on the Boston marathon photo is creeping me out," one user tweeted.
Americans, as they have in the past, have rushed to social media to try and make sense of the tragedy as it unfolded.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- HHS Mandate News: Priests for Life to Have its Day in Court!
- How Many Loaves Do You Have? Living the Miracle of the Loaves Today
- If Detroit declares bankruptcy - what then?
- United States teens still lagging behind their global friends in education
- A Thanksgiving Day Reflection on the Goodness of America
- Thanksgiving: We Must Become Again a People of Thanksgiving, Love and Light
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?