Bombs kill at least two, injure dozens more at Boston marathon
Two explosions rocked the marathon near the finish line.
Two to a dozen people are dead and dozens of injured after two explosions rocked the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Few details are known at this time.
News is now circulating that at least two additional, unexploded devices have been discovered.
Local hospitals have confirmed they are treating at least 22 people for injuries. As many as 12 people may be dead, only two reports are confirmed.
The explosions occurred near Copley Square where a large crowd was gathered to watch the runners and celebrate the finishers.
The Lenox Hotel next to where the explosions occurred was evacuated as a precaution.
The explosion took place at 2:45, about two hours after the first runners completed the race.
Subway service into the area has been stopped and the National Guard is assisting the police as needed.
More details will be made available as this story develops.
Please post your prayers for the people of Boston here.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?