Aide steals 25k from schoolkids, gets just 4 years probation - Chicago
Punishment seems light considering the age of the victims and the amount stolen.
A former Chicago Public Schools teaching assistant was sentenced to 4 years probation for embezzling almost $25,000 in money from a Northwest Side school. It seems like a lucky break for the now-convicted thief.
The money she stole and spent was stolen from the school, and thereby from the kids for whom she was responsible. She also stole about $3,000 in cash collected from students for fees and other payments. She then attempted to cover her tracks by falsifying school records, suggesting the money was spent on legitimate purposes.
She has been sentenced to 4 years probation and ordered to repay the money. It counts as a lucky break. Many people have stole much less money from older people and institutions and seen prison for it.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?