Colorado prison chief shot after opening the door to stranger - Denver
Investigation is ongoing.
The former executive head of the Colorado Department of Corrections was shot and killed last night after opening the door to an unknown person.
Authorities say robbery does not appear to be involved.
Clements, 58, served for two years at the head of the department. Such positions sometimes carry risks as disgruntled inmates and their associates sometimes threaten prison officials. However, any motive at this time is speculation.
The El Paso Sheriff's office is investigating the murder.
Authorities say Clements' wife, placed a distraught 911 call for rescue. She told the dispatcher that her husband had been shot after answering the doorbell and she was unsure if the gunman had fled or was inside the house.
Police arrived within minutes.
A car was spotted in the neighborhood by witnesses, but it is unclear if the vehicle was related to the shooting.
The investigation is ongoing.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?