Colorado prison chief shot after opening the door to stranger - Denver
Investigation is ongoing.
The former executive head of the Colorado Department of Corrections was shot and killed last night after opening the door to an unknown person.
Authorities say robbery does not appear to be involved.
Clements, 58, served for two years at the head of the department. Such positions sometimes carry risks as disgruntled inmates and their associates sometimes threaten prison officials. However, any motive at this time is speculation.
The El Paso Sheriff's office is investigating the murder.
Authorities say Clements' wife, placed a distraught 911 call for rescue. She told the dispatcher that her husband had been shot after answering the doorbell and she was unsure if the gunman had fled or was inside the house.
Police arrived within minutes.
A car was spotted in the neighborhood by witnesses, but it is unclear if the vehicle was related to the shooting.
The investigation is ongoing.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Deal Hudson on the Creed: What Kind of One is 'One God'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?