Colorado prison chief shot after opening the door to stranger - Denver
Investigation is ongoing.
The former executive head of the Colorado Department of Corrections was shot and killed last night after opening the door to an unknown person.
Tom Clements was killed after answering his doorbell.
Authorities say robbery does not appear to be involved.
Clements, 58, served for two years at the head of the department. Such positions sometimes carry risks as disgruntled inmates and their associates sometimes threaten prison officials. However, any motive at this time is speculation.
The El Paso Sheriff's office is investigating the murder.
Authorities say Clements' wife, placed a distraught 911 call for rescue. She told the dispatcher that her husband had been shot after answering the doorbell and she was unsure if the gunman had fled or was inside the house.
Police arrived within minutes.
A car was spotted in the neighborhood by witnesses, but it is unclear if the vehicle was related to the shooting.
The investigation is ongoing.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Colorado, prison, executive, Tom Clements
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Bill Donohue, Catholic League, Disclose Fight with the IRS, Demonstrate Courage
- Father Frank Pavone: Houston Abortionist Killing Babies Born Alive
- Shocking report reveals 38 men, 33 women are raped each day in the military
- Cheap cigarette outlets in U.S. may be funding terrorists
- Why even if you lose, playing Powerball isn't such a bad bet after all
- Nebraska Bishop: Gosnell clinic was 'reminiscent of Auschwitz'
- Sex In Uniform: Why the Increase in Sexual Assaults in the Military?
- Chilling note scrawled by bloodied Boston terrorist reveals motive
- The Storm. The Whirlwind. The Earthquake: Abortionist Kermit Gosnell is Guilty, America is Complicit
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?