Editorial: The Homosexual Equivalency Movement and their Judicial and Legislative Accomplices
relationships its equivalent, the dominant media culture is using the homosexual equivalency movement's language of marriage equality.
Homosexual equivalency activists have even persuaded many to say that there is some new civil right for those who engage in homosexual practices and live under the same roof to be married. The bad guys are those who defend authentic marriage and insist that it is the best foundation for civil society. The intolerant are those who refuse to recognize such new rights, like this right to marry for people who are incapable of fulfilling the ends of marriage.
We are now branded as opposing equality! The effort also has as its clear intent the inclusion of practicing homosexuals as a suspect class under civil rights legislation. In other words, through the use of legislation and judicial opinions, the cultural revolutionaries intend to equate being a practicing homosexual with being a member of a legally protected minority class involving gender or race.Any who oppose them will face the police power of the State.
In this new judicial and legislative alchemy, complicit judges and legislators claim the power to change the truth. Theologians and Philosophers speak of ontology as the science or philosophy of being. For example, a rock is a rock and not a cabbage; a man is a man and a woman is a woman.
Marriage is ontologically between a man and a woman, ordered toward the union of the spouses and open to procreation which forms the foundation for family. These judicial and legislative alchemists are as mistaken in this claim as their ancestors were in their claim that they could change cheap metal into gold or mix an elixir which would overcome death.
Unchecked by any balance of power, the judicial alchemists follow what the legal positivists have long proclaimed, asserting that law is what the courts say it is. The legislative alchemists are complicit in the madness, building a tyrant State in the place of a society of true freedom. Freedom can never be advanced through decisions made against the true and the good. In his powerful 1995 defense of Life, Blessed John Paul warned of a situation developing in the West wherein:
"The State is no longer the "common home" where all can live together on the basis of principles of fundamental equality, but is transformed into a tyrant State, which arrogates to itself the right to dispose of the life of the weakest and most defenseless members, from the unborn child to the elderly, in the name of a public interest which is really nothing but the interest of one part."
He warned that "the appearance of the strictest respect for legality is maintained, at least when the laws permitting abortion and euthanasia are the result of a ballot in accordance with what are generally seen as the rules of democracy. Really, what we have here is only the tragic caricature of legality; the democratic ideal, which is only truly such when it acknowledges and safeguards the dignity of every human person, is betrayed in its very foundations."
We know this has already happened in the struggle to defend our youngest neighbors in the womb from being killed at any time and for any reason through procured abortion. Their Natural Law Right to Life has been denied. Now, the same fate may soon befall Marriage. As we are responding in our defense of the Fundamental Right to life so we must respond in our defense of marriage. The future of authentic human freedom and a truly just society depend upon it.
We must expose and oppose the Homosexual Equivalency Movement, their Judicial and Legislative Accomplices and the New Alchemy.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: marriage, homosexual marriage, gay marriage, marriage equality movement, Lambda Legal, defense of marriage, dictatorship of relativism, Deacon Keith Fournier
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Bill Donohue, Catholic League, Disclose Fight with the IRS, Demonstrate Courage
- Father Frank Pavone: Houston Abortionist Killing Babies Born Alive
- Shocking report reveals 38 men, 33 women are raped each day in the military
- Cheap cigarette outlets in U.S. may be funding terrorists
- Why even if you lose, playing Powerball isn't such a bad bet after all
- Nebraska Bishop: Gosnell clinic was 'reminiscent of Auschwitz'
- Sex In Uniform: Why the Increase in Sexual Assaults in the Military?
- Chilling note scrawled by bloodied Boston terrorist reveals motive
- The Storm. The Whirlwind. The Earthquake: Abortionist Kermit Gosnell is Guilty, America is Complicit
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?