Killer offered to plead guilty if he could father a baby -- has child with guard
Ronell Williams was convicted in 2007 of murdering two NYPD detectives, later impregnanted prison guard.
The New York Post is breaking a story about a convicted murderer who asked for an astounding plea deal. In exchange for a guilty plea, Ronell Wilson wanted conjugal visits.
Ronell Wilson with Nancy Gonzales, the guard who has his baby.
Wilson would plead guilty if he could be sentenced to serve his time in state prison where he could have the possibility to get conjugal visits. His reasoning was he wanted to father a child to "give his wasted life some meaning."
Federal prisons do not allow such visits.
The federal prosecutor rejected the proposal, however that did not stop Wilson from fathering a child. After being sent to a detention center in Brooklyn, he began to romance a number of women including prison guard, Nancy Gonzales. Authorities say he was romancing several women at the same time, in an effort to obtain find companionship and sex.
Gonzales, 29, was arrested on Tuesday for having sex with Wilson in his prison cell. Gonzales is now eight months pregnant with his child. She has since been released on $150,000 bail and will now face a prison sentence herself. It is illegal for prison staff to have sexual relations with inmates in part because inmates cannot legally give consent - among other reasons.
In addition to having sex with Wilson, Gonzales reportedly was also romantically involved with at least one other inmate. She reported her pregnancy by Wilson to the other inmate. It is unclear if this is how authorities became aware of her involvement with Wilson.
As for Wilson, his original death sentence was thrown out by a judge on the basis of a technicality. Prosecutors are seeking to have it reinstated. That effort is not related to the current case involving Nancy Gonzales.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Ronell Wilson, Nancy Gonzales, pregnant
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- US Supreme Court Accepts Religion Case: Will Legislative Prayer Survive Religious Censorship?
- Two Oklahoma men killed in tornadoes; Kansas, Iowa batten down for severe weather
- Supreme Court to decide if prayer before town meeting is permissible
- All survive terrifying plane 'belly landing' in Newark
- Nebraska Bishop: Gosnell clinic was 'reminiscent of Auschwitz'
- Why even if you lose, playing Powerball isn't such a bad bet after all
- Cheap cigarette outlets in U.S. may be funding terrorists
- Shocking report reveals 38 men, 33 women are raped each day in the military
- Father Frank Pavone: Houston Abortionist Killing Babies Born Alive
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?