Bus driver donates $34,000 to special needs school - Denver
Donations reflect the quality of work done by the school.
A special needs school has received a substantial donation from a former bus driver. Darel Landers, who passed away in Sept. 2011, was a bus driver for the school during the 1980s. Landers left the generous donation to the school in his estate.
A school bus driver left $34,000 for a special needs school in Denver.
The donation reflects the lives that are touched by the school's work.
Landers drove a bus for the school during the 1980s and passed away in Sept. 2011.
The money he donated has been used to place a new brick and granite monument to mark the entrance to the school and to advertise their presence. The school replaced an older, more diminutive wooden sign.
A previous donation of $750,000 from the late Robert Brown, a painter at the school, was used to build a greenhouse for the students. The greenhouse opened last year.
Fletcher Miller School serves special needs students.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: donation, bus driver, Darel Landers, Fletcher Miller School
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Violent Tsarnev friend killed by FBI after blaming Tamerlan for unsolved murders
- Eric Garcetti becomes Los Angeles' first Jewish mayor
- 12,000 homes damaged or destroyed in Moore, daunting road to recovery underway
- US Supreme Court Accepts Religion Case: Will Legislative Prayer Survive Religious Censorship?
- In the Wake of the Moore Tornado: What Can we Learn from the Disaster?
- Priests for Life: Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act Most Significant Legislative Step Forward
- Homeless man whose face was eaten away in cannibal attack recovering
- Court sides with Obama, Osama death photos can remain secret - for your own good
- Largest Burmese Python caught in Miami-Dade County
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?