'Mama, why did you kill me?' Woman sentenced for drowning autistic son
San diego woman sentenced to 15 years to life.
The woman who murdered her son because he was autistic has been sentenced in a San Diego court to serve 15 years to life in prison after pleading guilty to second-degree murder.
Her husband was at work at the time and Corby did not try to conceal her crime. After she murdered the boy, she wrapped his body in a blanket and reported to the Carmel Valley police station to turn herself in.
Corby's attorney provided evidence that showed the family spent as much as $70,000 trying to provide care for the boy.
As a term of her sentence, Corby will not be eligible to get time off for good behavior and will have to serve the full minimum of 15 years before being considered for parole.
In court, Corby kept her head down as relatives condemned her before sentencing. In an especially tearful moment, an aunt said the boy was looking down from heaven and asking, "Mama, why did you kill me?"
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- How Many Loaves Do You Have? Living the Miracle of the Loaves Today
- If Detroit declares bankruptcy - what then?
- United States teens still lagging behind their global friends in education
- A Thanksgiving Day Reflection on the Goodness of America
- Thanksgiving: We Must Become Again a People of Thanksgiving, Love and Light
- Black Friday, immoral and oppressive? How about - a RIP-OFF as well?
- Obama decide cierre de embajada de EEUU en el Vaticano: Muestra 'antipatía' hacia católicos
- Very first book printed in U.S. sold at auction for record-breaking $14 million
- WAS IT A LIE? Family says they DID tip gay server, despite Internet story
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?