Is Disneyland going to issue Mark of the Beast to children?
Not really, but some privacy advocates are concerned.
The Walt Disney Co. has unveiled plans to issue parkgoers, including children, electronic wristbands that will disclose a whole host of personal information as well as permit checking into hotels and making purchases. A Massachusetts senator has raised a privacy concern about the pilot program.
The bracelets will allow people to check in, and leave their data with Disney.
The RFID bracelets will contain information including personal details about the wearer, and be linked to any accounts they choose. The bracelets will allow parkgoers to check into properties, rides and other attractions, as well as make purchases. The bracelets will also provide Disney with information about their activities and preferences to allow targeted marketing among other precise analyses.
At least one Massachusetts representative, Edward J. Markey (D-Mass) has asked Disney to respond answering questions about how the data will be used or shared, and if marketing will target children.
Although Markey's office says it has not received a response from Disney, the company has announced that the program will be optional.
Disney also said that no data is ever used to market to children.
There are no plans at this time to expand the program to Disneyland in Anaheim, CA, or to other Disney attractions, however if the pilot program is successful and profitable, it can be expected to spread.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: mark of the beast, Disneyland, privacy, RFID, bracelets
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- SHOCKING: Senator says IRS set to pay out $70 million in employee bonuses
- Agents think they'll find out what happened to Jimmy Hoffa - after 40 years
- Did Pocahontas save explorer John Smith here? Native American site of Werowocomoco fascinating regardless
- Poorly prepared teachers steering nation's classrooms
- Cheers Star: We Didn't Need Surveillance When We Were Kids - 'We Had God'
- IN SEARCH OF SUNKEN TREASURE: Divers plunge into Lake Michigan to search for 17th Century ship
- No-one Can Change the Truth About Fatherhood. Love Your Father. Be a Good Father
- Archbishop Chaput Cuts Through the Double Talk About Religious Liberty
- Courageous Cardinal George of Chicago Defends Marriage, Calls for Public Conversion
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?