Is Disneyland going to issue Mark of the Beast to children?
Not really, but some privacy advocates are concerned.
The Walt Disney Co. has unveiled plans to issue parkgoers, including children, electronic wristbands that will disclose a whole host of personal information as well as permit checking into hotels and making purchases. A Massachusetts senator has raised a privacy concern about the pilot program.
The RFID bracelets will contain information including personal details about the wearer, and be linked to any accounts they choose. The bracelets will allow parkgoers to check into properties, rides and other attractions, as well as make purchases. The bracelets will also provide Disney with information about their activities and preferences to allow targeted marketing among other precise analyses.
At least one Massachusetts representative, Edward J. Markey (D-Mass) has asked Disney to respond answering questions about how the data will be used or shared, and if marketing will target children.
Although Markey's office says it has not received a response from Disney, the company has announced that the program will be optional.
Disney also said that no data is ever used to market to children.
There are no plans at this time to expand the program to Disneyland in Anaheim, CA, or to other Disney attractions, however if the pilot program is successful and profitable, it can be expected to spread.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- 'Ag gag' bill passes in Idaho; filming at farms now prohibited
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?