Is Disneyland going to issue Mark of the Beast to children?
Not really, but some privacy advocates are concerned.
The Walt Disney Co. has unveiled plans to issue parkgoers, including children, electronic wristbands that will disclose a whole host of personal information as well as permit checking into hotels and making purchases. A Massachusetts senator has raised a privacy concern about the pilot program.
The RFID bracelets will contain information including personal details about the wearer, and be linked to any accounts they choose. The bracelets will allow parkgoers to check into properties, rides and other attractions, as well as make purchases. The bracelets will also provide Disney with information about their activities and preferences to allow targeted marketing among other precise analyses.
At least one Massachusetts representative, Edward J. Markey (D-Mass) has asked Disney to respond answering questions about how the data will be used or shared, and if marketing will target children.
Although Markey's office says it has not received a response from Disney, the company has announced that the program will be optional.
Disney also said that no data is ever used to market to children.
There are no plans at this time to expand the program to Disneyland in Anaheim, CA, or to other Disney attractions, however if the pilot program is successful and profitable, it can be expected to spread.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- To Bill O'Reilly - Phil Robertson Was Quoting St Paul! Ignorance of Scripture is Ignorance of Christ
- Fr. Frank Pavone: We Will Obey God Rather Than Men. We Will Not Obey the HHS Mandate
- Duck Dynasty and the GQ Interview of Phil Robertson: Rejecting Political Correctness
- Ninety percent of Americans will celebrate Christmas this year - even 80 percent of non-Christians
- Portraits of Lee and Jackson taken down at college, high school renamed
- The unrelenting 'Gay Mafia' has bullied A&E into suspending 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- Archbishop Nienstedt Voluntary Steps Aside After Allegation, Claims it is Absolutely and Entirely False
- Here Comes Polygamy: Utah Federal Judge Strikes Down Much of the Prohibition against Polygamy
- New York teachers make twice as much as those in South Carolina
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?