Woman assaulted, thrown onto subway tracks to die - Philadelphia
Police have arrested a suspect.
In a shocking act of brutality, a homeless man attacked a woman and dragged her by her ankles to the edge of a Philadelphia subway platform. He then cruelly threw her onto the tracks.
Two people were killed by subways in New York in previous weeks. both were victims of similar attacks.
Clark asked her to light his cigarette. The woman, being friendly offered him a lighter, but instead of taking it, he began punching her. Once she was beaten senseless, he proceeded to drag her by her ankles to the edge of the subway platform.
The young woman said she was too weak to resist and could not escape his grasp, although she tried. She told police that she pleaded with Clark saying she had no money but he merely told her to "shut up" as he attempted to murder her.
Hefting her up with his arms he forcefully threw her down onto the subway tracks.
That act could have ended her life.
Without any apparent emotion, Clark then collected her cell phone from the bench and walked out of the station, checking behind himself to see if she recovered.
In addition to the possibility of being struck by an oncoming train, the victim could have also touched the electrified rail and been electrocuted.
Badly stunned, she managed to pull herself off the tracks after he left the station, and before a train arrived.
Police arrested William Clark two days later in connection with the attack.
Over the past few weeks, two people have been murdered in New York by being pushed onto subway tracks. In both cases, suspects have been arrested and will be tried for murder.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- HHS Mandate News: Priests for Life to Have its Day in Court!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?