News for Caturday, woman uses cat as weapon against police - Orlando
Mentally ill woman used cat to resist arrest.
An Orlando woman employed a novel device to resist arrest for the attempted murder of her boyfriend. Lisa Frink, 45, threw her cat at police and fought them with a concrete trowel before she was eventually subdued and arrested.
Apparently, an angry cat makes as good a weapon as any.
Fink fled into a shed when police arrived so police sent a dog to subdue her. In reaction, Fink picked up her cat and threw it at the dog. The cat latched onto the dog's muzzle and held on. When police caught up with her, cornered in the shed, she armed herself with a concrete trowel and swung it at officers.
A second dog was sent to assist and after biting Fink twice, she went to the ground but refused to be handcuffed. Officers then used a chemical spray to gain compliance.
Police have revealed that Fink suffers from a medical condition and had not taken her medication that day. She was arrested and booked for attempted murder and harming a police dog, among other charges.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: mentally ill, cat, weapon, police, dog, arrest, attempted murder, Orlando
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- SHOCKING: Senator says IRS set to pay out $70 million in employee bonuses
- Agents think they'll find out what happened to Jimmy Hoffa - after 40 years
- Did Pocahontas save explorer John Smith here? Native American site of Werowocomoco fascinating regardless
- Poorly prepared teachers steering nation's classrooms
- Cheers Star: We Didn't Need Surveillance When We Were Kids - 'We Had God'
- IN SEARCH OF SUNKEN TREASURE: Divers plunge into Lake Michigan to search for 17th Century ship
- No-one Can Change the Truth About Fatherhood. Love Your Father. Be a Good Father
- Archbishop Chaput Cuts Through the Double Talk About Religious Liberty
- Courageous Cardinal George of Chicago Defends Marriage, Calls for Public Conversion
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?