Urban dwellers share pets with City Dog Share
Watch my dog and I'll watch yours.
We share a lot of things when we think about it. We share our information, where we are, what we are doing, even who we are with. Urban dwellers even share cars these days. So, why not share your dog?
One of the problems with owning pets is caring for them when you're away. If the pet cannot travel with you, then it can become a burden when it comes time to take a vacation or travel abroad. Hence, responsible caretakers are important, yet without some degree of vetting it can be difficult to find the right person.
Enter CDS. CDS encourages people to dog-sit in exchange for the same. The idea is if two owners agree to look after one another's pets, then everything will go well. So far, this has been the case. The organization makes arrangements via Facebook and satisfied owners can refer and connect owners and sitters.
Additionally, people who are interested in owning a dog can try one out, and see what's required before accepting the challenge. Naturally, while sitting the dog, they reap the reward of companionship too.
The group makes a point of asking new members to volunteer to sit first, before requesting a sitter themselves.
For people who live in busy cities such as Los Angeles, City Dog Share can be a valuable resource that saves owners time and expense when they themselves need responsible pet care.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- HHS Mandate News: Priests for Life to Have its Day in Court!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?