Urban dwellers share pets with City Dog Share
Watch my dog and I'll watch yours.
We share a lot of things when we think about it. We share our information, where we are, what we are doing, even who we are with. Urban dwellers even share cars these days. So, why not share your dog?
Really, how can you resist?
One of the problems with owning pets is caring for them when you're away. If the pet cannot travel with you, then it can become a burden when it comes time to take a vacation or travel abroad. Hence, responsible caretakers are important, yet without some degree of vetting it can be difficult to find the right person.
Enter CDS. CDS encourages people to dog-sit in exchange for the same. The idea is if two owners agree to look after one another's pets, then everything will go well. So far, this has been the case. The organization makes arrangements via Facebook and satisfied owners can refer and connect owners and sitters.
Additionally, people who are interested in owning a dog can try one out, and see what's required before accepting the challenge. Naturally, while sitting the dog, they reap the reward of companionship too.
The group makes a point of asking new members to volunteer to sit first, before requesting a sitter themselves.
For people who live in busy cities such as Los Angeles, City Dog Share can be a valuable resource that saves owners time and expense when they themselves need responsible pet care.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: City Dog Share, pet sitting
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Did Pocahontas save explorer John Smith here? Native American site of Werowocomoco fascinating regardless
- Poorly prepared teachers steering nation's classrooms
- Cheers Star: We Didn't Need Surveillance When We Were Kids - 'We Had God'
- IN SEARCH OF SUNKEN TREASURE: Divers plunge into Lake Michigan to search for 17th Century ship
- No-one Can Change the Truth About Fatherhood. Love Your Father. Be a Good Father
- Archbishop Chaput Cuts Through the Double Talk About Religious Liberty
- Courageous Cardinal George of Chicago Defends Marriage, Calls for Public Conversion
- Courageous Bishop Paprocki Shows Us How To Contend for the Truth About Marriage
- Lowest of the low: Man steals 92-year-old man's glasses and Bible in Manhattan
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?