Urban dwellers share pets with City Dog Share
Watch my dog and I'll watch yours.
We share a lot of things when we think about it. We share our information, where we are, what we are doing, even who we are with. Urban dwellers even share cars these days. So, why not share your dog?
One of the problems with owning pets is caring for them when you're away. If the pet cannot travel with you, then it can become a burden when it comes time to take a vacation or travel abroad. Hence, responsible caretakers are important, yet without some degree of vetting it can be difficult to find the right person.
Enter CDS. CDS encourages people to dog-sit in exchange for the same. The idea is if two owners agree to look after one another's pets, then everything will go well. So far, this has been the case. The organization makes arrangements via Facebook and satisfied owners can refer and connect owners and sitters.
Additionally, people who are interested in owning a dog can try one out, and see what's required before accepting the challenge. Naturally, while sitting the dog, they reap the reward of companionship too.
The group makes a point of asking new members to volunteer to sit first, before requesting a sitter themselves.
For people who live in busy cities such as Los Angeles, City Dog Share can be a valuable resource that saves owners time and expense when they themselves need responsible pet care.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lord’s invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Deal Hudson on the Creed: What Kind of One is 'One God'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal Seán Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?