Bizzare weed whacker murderer set for trial - Chicago
Insantiy will be key to defense.
When most people think of murder, they think of knives, guns, and poison. However, one Woodridge man got very creative. He used a weed trimmer, on his father.
A clue into his choice of weapons can be found in reports from both the prosecution and defense, which agree that Desai was insane when he committed the violent act back in August of 2011.
According to police, Desai used the trimmer to beat his father, Sanjiv, 47, to death with the trimmer. The attack was so violent the device was broken in half. After his arrest, he gave a statement which touched on topics including Godzilla, the Turks and needing "23 million soldiers."
Psychologists say Desai has a depressive mood disorder, which was a likely factor in the homicide. Doctors have previously found him to be mentally insane.
Following his arrest and diagnosis, Desai was sent to a mental health facility to see if he could be treated for the purpose of standing trial. After being ruled mentally fit, he was transferred back to jail where he bit a county corrections officer's finger so hard as to break it.
Desai has a prior record of violence in his past. He was kicked out of the University of Illinois, Champaign after threatening a student with a knife.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- HHS Mandate News: Priests for Life to Have its Day in Court!
- How Many Loaves Do You Have? Living the Miracle of the Loaves Today
- If Detroit declares bankruptcy - what then?
- United States teens still lagging behind their global friends in education
- A Thanksgiving Day Reflection on the Goodness of America
- Thanksgiving: We Must Become Again a People of Thanksgiving, Love and Light
- Black Friday, immoral and oppressive? How about - a RIP-OFF as well?
- Obama decide cierre de embajada de EEUU en el Vaticano: Muestra 'antipatía' hacia católicos
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?