Bizzare weed whacker murderer set for trial - Chicago
Insantiy will be key to defense.
When most people think of murder, they think of knives, guns, and poison. However, one Woodridge man got very creative. He used a weed trimmer, on his father.
The booking photo of Yashesh Desai.
A clue into his choice of weapons can be found in reports from both the prosecution and defense, which agree that Desai was insane when he committed the violent act back in August of 2011.
According to police, Desai used the trimmer to beat his father, Sanjiv, 47, to death with the trimmer. The attack was so violent the device was broken in half. After his arrest, he gave a statement which touched on topics including Godzilla, the Turks and needing "23 million soldiers."
Psychologists say Desai has a depressive mood disorder, which was a likely factor in the homicide. Doctors have previously found him to be mentally insane.
Following his arrest and diagnosis, Desai was sent to a mental health facility to see if he could be treated for the purpose of standing trial. After being ruled mentally fit, he was transferred back to jail where he bit a county corrections officer's finger so hard as to break it.
Desai has a prior record of violence in his past. He was kicked out of the University of Illinois, Champaign after threatening a student with a knife.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: weed trimmer, murder, insanity
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Violent Tsarnev friend killed by FBI after blaming Tamerlan for unsolved murders
- Eric Garcetti becomes Los Angeles' first Jewish mayor
- 12,000 homes damaged or destroyed in Moore, daunting road to recovery underway
- US Supreme Court Accepts Religion Case: Will Legislative Prayer Survive Religious Censorship?
- In the Wake of the Moore Tornado: What Can we Learn from the Disaster?
- Priests for Life: Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act Most Significant Legislative Step Forward
- Homeless man whose face was eaten away in cannibal attack recovering
- Court sides with Obama, Osama death photos can remain secret - for your own good
- Largest Burmese Python caught in Miami-Dade County
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?